Canvas Webinars by ATI Instructional Designers
- Introducing Canvas Part 1: Canvas Overview (Presentation 00:00 to 33:00; Q&A 33:00 to 1:08:00)
- Introducing Canvas Part 2: Organizing Your Canvas Course Site (Presentation 00:00 to 28:00; Q&A 33:00 to 59:00)
- Introducing Canvas Part 3: Adding Content to Your Canvas Course Site (Presentation and Q&A interspersed, total length 1:07:00)
- Introducing Canvas Part 4: Using Ally in Canvas for Accessibility (Presentation 00:00 to 36:00; Q&A 33:00 to 56:00)
- Introducing Canvas Part 5: The Canvas Gradebook (Presentation and Q&A interspersed, total length 1:25:00)
- Canvas: Creating Assignments (54:00 total length)
- Canvas: Creating Quizzes and Exams (57:00 total length)
Self-Guided Resources for Faculty
The CSUSB Canvas Quick Start Guide and the Essentials of Teaching with Canvas course were developed by CSUSB Instructional Designers for CSUSB faculty. The other self-guided resources are listed in order by estimated length.
"CSUSB Canvas Quick Start Guide"
The CSUSB Canvas Quick Start Guide is a <60 minute guide to Canvas. It focuses on the very basics to help get you started. (Selecting the link will open a new browser window.)
"Essentials of Teaching with Canvas"
This is an approximately eight-hour, self-paced course with hands-on activities in Canvas. Find this at MyCoyote>Canvas. Email email@example.com with any questions.
"Quick Start Checklist for Teaching with Canvas"
This is a 3-page PDF document with links to short videos.
LinkedIn Learning: "Learning Canvas" (1h 57 m)
Access this training via MyCoyote > My Employment. This course goes over fundamentals of Canvas. If you are new to Canvas, it is recommended that you complete this course before completing the "Canvas: Tips, Tricks, & Techniques" course.
LinkedIn Learning: "Canvas: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques" (1h 45m)
Access this training via MyCoyote > My Employment. This course covers some advanced uses of Canvas. If you are new to Canvas, it is recommended that you complete the "Learning with Canvas" course before this course.
"Getting Started with Canvas as an Instructor"
This is an Instructure-produced website with a helpful list of relevant Help topics.
Canvas Training Services Portal
These courses are available to you via Canvas Help. In one of the Canvas courses you are teaching, select the Help icon (Question mark in a circle). Then, scroll down until you see the "Training Services Portal" link. From there, you will have access to a wide variety of Canvas training. Here are some recommended courses:
- Best Practices for Course Design
- Creating a Canvas Course
- Engaging Learners
- Course Design and Accessibility
- Grading and Feedback
- First Day Ready (This is a Learning Pathway and requires 4 Canvas Training courses.)