Enroll your Office, Department, College, or Division to Receive Accessibility Ally Training
Register your office, department, college, or division to receive a custom presentation of our Accessibility Ally workshop. Participants will learn the following
Participants will learn:
- How to create accessible web pages and digital content
- Common pitfalls to avoid inaccessible content
- An overview of the CSUSB Accessible Procurement Process for purchase requestors
- Accessibility tools and resources
If you would like to know more about Accessibility Ally, send an email to email@example.com or call x73474.
Accessible Technology Initiative Background
The Accessible Technology Initiative reflects the California State University's (CSU) commitment to provide access to information resources and technologies to individuals with disabilities. This commitment is articulated in Executive Order 1111 (EO 1111), the CSU Board of Trustees Policy on Disability Support and Accommodations. The initiative is comprised of facilitating improvements in three priority areas:
- Instructional Materials,
- Procurement of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT)
As a result of this executive order and subsequent Academic Affairs coded memorandums, CSUSB formulated the ATI Steering Committee which is comprised of a student representative, faculty, staff, and managers to develop policies and procedures to bring the campus into compliance with the directives set forth in these communications.
EO 1111 - The California State University Board of Trustees Policy on Disability Support and Accommodations
Coded Memorandum: AA-2013-03
- Amended Coded Memorandum: AA-2015-22 Implementation of this policy is guided by the Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI) as established in Coded Memo AA-2006-41 and revised in the following coded memos: AA-2007-04, AA-2007-13, AA-2008-21, AA-2009-19, AA-2010-13, AA-2011-21, and AA-2013-03. This coded memo supersedes all previously coded memos.