Become an Accessibility Ally on Global Accessibility Awareness Day
Register to become an Accessibility Ally and attend our workshop on Global Accessibility Awareness Day, Thursday, May 17th, 2018.
As an Ally you will learn:
- Laws, policies, and procedures that pertain to accessibility
- Accessibility best practices and techniques for documents, websites, and audio & video
- Procedures to ensure accessibility prior to purchasing Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
- Accessibility tools to help you author and check your work
The Accessible Technology Initiative reflects the California State University's (CSU) commitment to provide access to information resources and technologies to individuals with disabilities. This commitment is articulated in Executive Order 926 (EO 926), the CSU Board of Trustees Policy on Disability Support and Accommodations. The initiative is comprised of facilitating improvements in three priority areas:
- Instructional Materials,
- Procurement of Information and Communications Technologies (ICT)
As a result of this executive order and subsequent Academic Affairs coded memorandums, CSUSB formulated the ATI Steering Committee which is comprised of a student representative, faculty, staff and managers to develop policies and procedures to bring the campus into compliance with the directives set forth in these communications.
EO 926 - The California State University Board of Trustees Policy on Disability Support and Accommodations
Coded Memorandum: AA-2013-03
- Amended Coded Memorandum: AA-2015-22 Implementation of this policy is guided by the Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI) as established in Coded Memo AA-2006-41 and revised in the following coded memos: AA-2007-04, AA-2007-13, AA-2008-21, AA-2009-19, AA-2010-13, AA-2011-21, and AA-2013-03. This coded memo supersedes all previous coded memos.