What is Academic Program Review?
Program review is one of the most important mechanisms to assure the integrity and quality of the educational experience of our students. All degree programs offered at CSUSB go through a review process every seven years and allows for the examination, assessment, and strengthening of programs.
The cycle of review for each program can be seen in the CSUSB Academic Master Plan, which is updated annually and approved by the CSU Board of Trustees. The review process is governed by FAM 856.6, which places the assessment of student learning at the front and center of the review. The process ends with an action plan by the department faculty, in response to the comments and recommendations made by the various reviewers, including the external reviewer, the college dean, and the Program Review Committee.
Program Review Schedule, Academic Year 2021-2022
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies
- Master of Science in Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science in Geology
- Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, and Master of Arts in Mathematics
- Master of Arts in National Security Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts in Child Development (one-year extension; self-study due fall of 2022)