Skip banner navigation
Skip to main content
Main Content Region
- Within the size and weight limits of First-Class Mail, any unspecified piece that you place in your outgoing mail will be sent at the First-Class rate. The USPS size and weight limits are:
- Minimum height and length 3-1/2" x 5"
- Maximum height and length 6-1/8" x 11-1/2"
- Maximum thickness 1/4"
- Large size envelopes (larger than 5"x10") must be clearly marked "FIRST CLASS" (this is a Post Office requirement).
- Items larger than routine mail will be evaluated by Mail Services personnel to determine the best method for shipping.
- The University's letter size First-Class metered mail is turned over to a firm that specializes in "pre-sort" business. All mail is introduced into the U.S. Postal System the same day it is picked up from us. This process speeds up the delivery time to the addressee.