The University Mail Services department is a service organization created to serve the University community. We will make every effort (working within budget, staffing and USPS regulation constraints) to meet your mailing needs in a timely and cost effective manner.
Members of the Mail Services staff are hard-working and well-versed in most mail handling matters. Feel free to ask them any questions concerning mail that you may have. Some questions require research. We have USPS regulation manuals and liaisons in the USPS to ensure that we are able to answer your mailing questions. This Mail Guide has been prepared as a source of basic information on First Class Mail, Standard Mail (bulk), Intra-Campus Mail, addressing, and links to some helpful web sites. The secret of successful mailing is PLANNING AHEAD. Advance notice of your needs and concerns helps us best to address them. Let us know in advance if you have a large mailing coming up or if you have something out of the ordinary coming in. Advance warning allows us to prepare and schedule accordingly thus eliminating handling delays. It will also enable us to ensure that your mailing complies with USPS regulations.
We are continually seeking new ways to improve service to the campus community. You will be informed of new procedures or changes in Postal Regulations. If you have a specific question regarding mail, feel free to contact Mail Services at extension 75151.
Hours of Operation : 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday except University Holidays
Ph No : x75151
Location : AS-105
Services Available :
- Sealing and metering
- Bulk Mail support
- Overnight shipping
- UPS shipping
Scheduled Delivery and Pickup Times :
Mail Services picks up and delivers both U.S. mail and inter-office mail once daily. Time of pick-up will vary according to your location along a designated route and will generally be between 10:30 am and 12:00 noon.
Mail Services also picks up mail from designated drop boxes during the same hours. These boxes are for intra-campus mail, print work requests, and Sotes only. Box locations are:
|Chemical Sciences||Under staircase|
|Health & PE||Outside of HP-106|
|Jack Brown (1)||Across from JB-457|
|Jack Brown (2)||Outside of JB-307|
|University Hall||Next to UH-120|
|Administration||Next to AD-121 in lobby|
|College of Education||Outside CE-114|
|Performing Arts||Outside of PA-111|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||Outside of SB-112|
Mail Cutoff Times :
- Mail Services utilizes U.S. Post Office, FedEx, and UPS as the primary carriers
- Overnight Mail and Packages
- Domestic or International
- 1-4 pieces - 2:00 pm
- 5+ pieces - 1:00 pm
- Prepaid Packages
- 3:00 pm
- Domestic or International
All overnight letters and packages should be accompanied with a form CSUSB 45: Request for Overnight Mail/Delivery Service (available from Campus Stores). Mail or packages received after the cut-off times will be mailed out the next business day.
Personal Mail :
- All mail received is assumed to be official University business. University employees are encouraged not to use the University as their personal address.
- All engraved or printed university stationery and envelopes are for CSUSB business only. These materials may not be used for personal or nonbusiness matters. CSUSB prohibits the metering of mail containing a personal return address.
- As a courtesy, both Receiving and Mail Services will accept incoming personal packages. Incoming personal packages cannot be delivered using University personnel. Packages must be picked up by the addressee or designee during normal working hours.
Receiving & Mail Services assume no responsibility for incoming or outgoing personal letters or packages.