Mobile Device Security
Make mobile devices less attractive to thieves and protect personal information, pictures and access to linked accounts.
- Lock mobile devices with a password, passphrase, biometrics or gesture a password
- Configure mobile devices to remotely lock the screen or remotely wipe the data
- Activate or buy the feature for locating lost or stolen devices
For additional protection for your personal information:
- Set up a service to automatically backup mobile device data
- Install malware and spyware detection software
- Set mobile device to automatically run and install updates daily
When lost or stolen major service providers will suspend services for mobile devices. For a small monthly fee additional security apps can enhance mobile device security by offering many different services like:
- malware and spyware protection
- locating stolen or lost mobile devices
- perform automatic backups of data
Additionally, many mobile devices allow users the ability to remotely wipe lost or stolen mobile devices but require specific settings to be enabled.
Before suspending a lost or stolen device:
Links to Service Providers
- Attempt to locate it.
- Remote screen lock or data wipe.
- Contact service provider to suspend service. Features to locate or wipe devices will be disabled if service has been suspended.