Welcome to Student Mentoring
- Are you a new CSUSB student who would like to connect with someone to help you navigate the university?
- Student mentors are current CSUSB student leaders who are here to assist first-year students in their first year at the university.
- Mentors help students get connected with faculty, on-campus programs and organizations, and ultimately support your academic success. Maximize your success with a student mentors who support all of the colleges at CSUSB.
About Student Mentoring
Mission: The Student Mentoring Program at CSUSB fosters the success of undergraduate students through peer support programs that encourage academic excellence, campus connectedness and engagement, and the personal growth and development of participating students.
Program Goals and Outcomes: Academic Excellence and Engagement
- Students who participate in SMP will demonstrate an understanding of campus resources and proactively seek support.
- Students who participate in the SMP will be engaged learners.
- Students who participate in SMP will connect with faculty as mentors and advisors.
Personal Growth and Development of Participating Students
- Students who participate in SMP will demonstrate a growth mindset.
- Students who participate in SMP understand the importance of goal-setting for adult learners.
- Students who participate in SMP will demonstrate organization and time management skills.