DACS - Decentralized Access Control System
DACS is a paperless solution that interacts with a number of subsystems such as Travel Concur and Printing Services and is maintained in a decentralized manner by DACS administrators using approval provided by online forms. DACS replaces the need for campus signature cards and moves us along with electronic signature for additional administrative processes.
The system runs on Peoplesoft and inherits employee demographics as well as a chart of account information from existing solutions for HR and Finance. Access to the system with various roles is managed through the campus identity management system, avoiding duplicate data entry and minimizing potential data divergence within systems.
As we move the system from pilot to full implementation, each college and division has at least one designated DACS Administrator. These are the staff personnel who hold the authority to update the system according to approved signature delegation for transaction processing. While Accounting Services will continue to provide guidance and oversight, the ongoing support for maintaining the DACS system in accordance with established approval processes, resides with the administrators within the colleges and division offices. Below is a list of current DACS Administrators:
- Cindy Lopez, Administration, and Finance
- Davina Menchaca, Advancement
- Monica Alejandre, Advancement
- Mary Christine Ulatan Robles, Student Affairs
- Jessica Watkins, Education
- Tina Valencia, Natural Sciences
- Michelle Fuller, Arts, and Letters
- Jenna Aguirre, Academic Affairs
- Lee De León, Business and Public Administration
- Neena Prado, Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Ericka Saucedo, Library
- Gabby Guzman, Information Technology Services
- Renee Smith, Extended Learning
- Alex Waller, All Colleges and Divisions (support to DACS Admins)
We would like to thank the administrative computing and Business Intelligence team for their technical expertise and hard work to develop the database, Finance & Administrative Services team members for leading the business process mapping and providing project management support and the campus partners from each college and divisions for their work in developing as well as validating business process for this endeavor.
Resources and Form
- Delegation of Authority Request Form