Preparing Your Monthly Timesheet
Students are required to complete a monthly time sheet to receive monetary compensation for the services they provide. Students must utilize the electronic Monthly Student Time Sheet to report their time in military hours. A time sheet should be an accurate listing of the actual time and dates worked. The supervisor will verify that the hours worked are accurate. This document is the student's record of hours worked for the pay period. The supervisor will submit the student's monthly hours to the payroll reporter or directly to payroll. Federal Work Study students cannot volunteer their time and must be paid for all hours worked.
Important Quick Links
The following information should be checked on the timesheet for accuracy:
- No hours for a payroll period other than the one reported
- 20 hour per week limitation
- Correct calculation of hours by hourly rate
- Class schedule must be attached to timesheet
- Timesheet signed by student, supervisor and program administrator
- No paid lunch, the Fair Labor Standards Act mandates a half-hour (30min) unpaid break be provided for every 6 hours worked per day
- Students are entitled to a 15 minute paid break for every 4 consecutive hours worked
Student employees are paid around the 15th of each month. Monthly paychecks will be available for pick-up at the Student Financial Services UH-035 or student paychecks can be directly deposited to the student's bank account. Please visit the Payroll office at SH-103 to request a Direct Deposit authorization form to enroll in direct deposit. The payroll calendar lists the pay periods and paydays during the current academic year.
Students who separate from the work-study program must submit final hours to their supervisor/timekeeper.