Main Content Region

AB540 Requirements

Under AB 540, a student who is without lawful immigration status may request an exemption from paying nonresident tuition if the student:

  1. Attended a California high school for 3 or more years or met AB 2000 requirements, and
  2. Graduated from a California high school or passed the GED or California High School Proficiency Exam

Students who qualify for AB 540 status must complete and submit a California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request (sometimes referred as an AB540 Affidavit) with additional required documents to the CSUSB Office of Admissions and Student Recruitment.