Political campaign managers oversee campaigns for ballot measures and candidates. They plan campaign activities, including speeches, fundraisers, rallies, press releases, phone banking, advertising, and get-out-the-vote events.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Coordinate multiple aspects of a political campaign
- Plan and implement campaign strategies
- Shape messages for particular audiences
- Manage campaign budgets
- Hire and oversee campaign staff, volunteers, and consultants
- Possess excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
- Be an effective team-builder
Where They Work
Political campaign managers often work for political candidates, unions, and grassroots groups. Organizations that have recently posted jobs for political campaigns in California include SEIU Local 521, Grassroots Campaigns, and NextGen America.