Academic Writing Style and Citation "Starters"
Sample Text for Syllabus
- Writing Center: The Writing Center is a free resource for all writers and you should take advantage of it! Working collaboratively and incorporating feedback and revision strengthens your writing process and you can work with a tutor at any stage. You can go to work on getting started, you can go with a finished draft to work on its final polish and citations, or you can go at any stage in between to work on ensuring your ideas and language are communicated clearly and your organization effective. Find out more at: https://www.csusb.edu/writing-center and you can access the Writing Center’s scheduling web app at csusb.mywconline.com.
Schedule a Writing Center Introduction
If you would like for any (or all) of your classes to receive a brief (10-15 min.) informational presentation regarding the Writing Center or Graduate Writing Center, our consultants would be pleased to visit in person or via Zoom. In these presentations, Writing Center consultants provide an overview of our services and briefly address:
- Writing as a process that includes feedback and revision
- How to prepare for a writing consultation
- How to make appointments or "walk in" in person or online
- How to work collaboratively with a consultant in person, via Zoom, or email
- Students’ questions
If you are interested a Writing Center visit, please submit a request using the Introduction Request Form.
Detailed Zoom How-to Handout
- Detailed information for students about setting up a writing consultation via Zoom is available on our Online Tutoring page, but a handout version of the same information is also available for posting in Blackboard or dissemination via email as a PDF: Writing Center Zoom How-to.pdf