Reports of Students' Visits to the Writing Centers
To confirm students’ visits to the CSUSB Writing Centers, we send email reports to professors several times a term. Here are the details of our reporting system:
What is reported to professors?
- The following data fields are included in reports:
- Full name
- Coyote ID
- Class and meeting days/times
- Appointment date and time
What format are reports sent in?
- Reports are sent via email with attached Excel spreadsheets.
When are reports sent?
Reports are cumulative and will be sent covering the periods noted below. Reports will be sent just as soon after the reporting period as we can manage. With the switch to semesters and perhaps due to the additional complexity of having so many classes happening in online, hybrid, and asynchronous modalities, we're experiencing additional difficulty collecting accurate details about students' courses, so it is taking us some additional time to keep up with correcting and cleaning the data we collect.
Fall 2021 Reporting Periods:
- August 17 to September 25
- August 17 to October 16
- August 17 to November 6
- August 17 to December 4
- Finals Week (December 6 to December 10)
If you would like a report outside of our standard reporting schedule, please email the director (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Can Writing Center consultants sign anything confirming that a student had an appointment?
- No, it is our policy that consultants not sign anything confirming visits or for other purposes. On such a large campus, such signatures would be all but impossible to verify and open the door to difficulties with impersonation, forgery, etc. In addition, our consultants are focused on working within an interactive and collaborative pedagogy and we want to avoid all appearance of their visits involving assessment, grading, approval, or other activities problematic to maintaining a collaborative pedagogy.
Can Writing Center consultants provide evaluative reports at the request of professors/students?
- No, all consultations are considered confidential and we do not report to professors on the content of the writing conference in the interest of students and consultants maintaining an open and collaborative relationship.
Are appointments in the Graduate Writing Center also reported?
- Yes, our reports include all components of the CSUSB Writing Centers:
Can reports be provided outside the standard reporting dates and ranges?
- Yes, we do our best to accommodate special reports that can be sent outside the standard reporting schedule. Please send requests to the Director at email@example.com.