Main Content Region

Financial Aid

When will the 2024-2025 CADAA become available? 


The 2024-25 CADAA will be available by December 31, 2023.  


AB 540

AB 540, authorizes undocumented students who meet specific criteria to pay in-state tuition at California's public colleges and universities.

AB5 40 Affidavit
If you are AB 540 eligible, complete this form to apply for AB 540 status and qualify for in-state tuition fees. Email the form and a copy of your high school and/or community college transcripts to

California Dream Act

The CA Dream Act provides state-based financial aid to undocumented students who meet AB 540 criteria. Applications are due March 2 and can be submitted at the Dream Act Website. See the CA Dream Act FAQ for additional information.

Financial Aid and Selective Service

According to federal law, all men between the ages of 18 and 25 (documented and undocumented) must register for the Selective Service and should register within 30 days of their 18th birthday. Undocumented individuals must register by mail.

Selective Service Registration Form 
Registering for Selective Services is not required to receive the financial aid, however, it may adversely impact other immigration relief options. Read here for more information.

Is it safe to provide personal information in the for me to apply for the CA Dream Act Application? 

The information provided via the California Dream Act Application is used solely to determine eligibility for state financial aid and isn't shared with the federal government or used for immigration enforcement purposes. The CSAC will protect this information to the fullest extent of the law.

DREAM Loan Program

The California Dream Loan is a subsidized loan program for enrolled undergraduate, credential and masters students with a valid California Dream Act application and a valid AB540 affidavit on file with their CSU campus.

I am an undocumented student; do I qualify for financial aid?

You may qualify for payment of in-state tuition and financial aid if you meet certain criteria. See the information on AB 540 and the California Dream Act for specific details. Moreover, you may apply for scholarships using your My Coyote account. If you do not meet these criteria you may still apply to private scholarships. See the Scholarships page for further details.

I am an exchange student/international student with a valid visa; can I apply for financial aid through the California Dream Act?

You must meet the AB540 requirements mentioned above to apply for financial aid for Dreamers. In addition, you can apply for scholarships that may not require citizenship or residency.

How can I apply for financial aid?

There are two steps that you must take in order to apply for state financial aid. First, you must file your Dream Act application online by March 1. Second, you must submit a GPA verification form by March 2.

Additionally, if you wish to apply for scholarships you may do so by logging in to your My Coyote account and following the CSUSB Scholarship Application link or use the USSC Scholarship Resource Guide. The deadline to submit your online application is March 2.

I missed the March 2 deadline to Apply for the California Dream Act. Can I still send my information and be considered for financial aid?

Yes, you can still submit your California Dream Act application, however funding is limited by applying after March 2. The CSUSB on-campus scholarship application and Cal Grant deadlines are March 2.

I have a Social Security Number assigned to me through Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). Does that mean I can apply for FAFSA?

The Social Security Number assigned to you is for Employment purposes only. In order for you to receive financial aid you must fill out the California Dream Act application.

I am not a Legal Resident (green card holder) but I have a Social Security Number for Employment. May I work on campus?

Yes. You are able to work on campus as a Student Assistant. In order for you to find positions you should visit the Career Center located in UH 329. You may also find open positions on-campus using CSUSB's Handshake.