Main Content Region


What is the WWEE?

The Writing Requirement Exemption Exam (WWEE) assesses your writing ability at the upper-division level, according to proficiencies expected of those successfully completing an advanced expository writing course at CSUSB. The testing is a writing test, in which you are expected to write an essay answering one central question with several specific sub-questions. The essay question is based upon assigned readings from the collection A Word of Ideas: Essential Readings for College Writers by Lee A. Jacobus, 8th ed. This WREE is an open-book exam. See  



When do I need to submit the Advancement to Candidacy form?

A student is required to submit an Advancement to Candidacy form after completion of at least 20 units of applicable graduate-level course work at the university, with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 ('B').

Is there a new MA in Education, Online Teacher Leadership orientation for this program?

During the first quarter of your acceptance, you must complete an online tutorial through our blackboard database. This database can be found on the CSUSB website, in the Coyote Corner subject box, under Blackboard.

As an international student, what other departments do I need to contact?

You will work very closely with the Center of International Studies and Programs (CISP). They can be contacted via e-mail or phone at: 1-909-537-5288 (admission inquiry); Fax: +1-909-537-7020; E-mail:

Is an upper-division writing course required?

There is a writing requirement prior to admission. Completion, with a grade of “B” or better, within seven years prior to acceptance into the program of one of the following courses: EDUC 306, ENG 306, HUM 306, MGMT 306, NSCI 306 or SSCI 306 (all graduate and post-baccalaureate students, regardless of citizenship, whose preparatory education was principally in a language other than English and have a minimum of 550 on the TOEFL, or a minimum score of 213 on the Computer Based TOEFL, who fail to achieve a “B” or higher in one of the 306 courses will be required to retake any 306 class). See 

When admitted, what do I do for my first-quarter enrollments?

Once admitted, you will receive notification of acceptance to the program along with information on enrollment and payment of courses.

How many concentration courses are there?

You will be covering each concentration in the duration of your degree so you will not have the ability to concentrate in one particular subject. That being said, you will complete an additional 10 classes which will be laid out before you begin the program. These are subject to change due to professor availability.

Where do my documents need to be submitted?

All official transcripts must be submitted to the Graduate Admissions Office. All letters of recommendations and résumés must be submitted to the Masters and Advanced Credentials Office. Résumés can also be submitted directly to the College of Education.

How many core courses are there?

There are a total of three core courses in the overall program.

Where do I first submit my application?

To apply to the MA in Education, Online Teacher Leadership program, you must submit your application through CSU Mentor. Once your application is submitted, it will be processed through the offices of Graduate Admissions, and will then be sent over to the College of Education for further review.

What’s the total number of courses required in this program?

There are 13 courses required to achieve your MA in Education, Online Teacher Leadership.

Is there any financial assistance for this program?

For information on financial assistance for the MA in Education, Online Teacher Leadership program, contact the Financial Aid Office at (909) 537-5227 or for veterans’ benefits, please contact the CSUSB Certifying Official at (909) 537-5213.

What is the cost for this program?

The total cost of the MA in Education, Online Teacher Leadership program is approximately $18,000.

When I finish my program, when do I receive my MA in Education, Online Teacher Leadership degree?

Your degree is processed by the Records, Registration and Evaluations Office. This can take up to two or three months. Please contact them for the status at (909) 537-5200.

Is a GMAT or GRE scored required; if so, what dept. should this go to?

No, GRE/GMAT is required.

When is the best time for me to file a grad check?

A Graduation Requirement Check should be filed according to the filing deadlines found in the class schedule, as well as on the Records, Registration and Evaluations website. This is necessary for you to graduate and receive your diploma. For information on filing your Graduation Check, please contact the Records, Registration and Evaluations Office at (909) 537-5200.

Is there a comp exam course required?

Yes, a comprehensive exam is required for the completion of the MA in Education, Online Teacher Leadership program. Students may take the examination twice.

After I review and sign my Program Plan, what happens to this?

After a Program Plan is reviewed and signed by all required parties, it is sent over to the Records, Registration and Evaluations Office for final clearance.

Is a portfolio course required?