Requesting course overloads virtually
If a student wants permission for an overload they should email the instructor of the class they are trying to add, asking for permission. The student needs to email from a student email account (i.e. coyote.csusb.edu) not a personal account.
- Include the following in your email:
- Full name and Coyote ID
- Course Information (ex: ENG 311, Section 02, Call Number 41793)
- The instructor will forward the email to the department chair.
- Chair will forward with approval, along with the prior email chain to the CAL Associate Dean.
- Associate Dean will forward his/her approval to the Registrar's Office, who will handle the permits.
- Registrar's Office will contact the student to let them know they have been registered into the course.
*please keep in mind these are requests for permission and approval is not guaranteed
VIRTUAL COURSE SUBSTITUTION REQUEST
If a student wants to request a course substitution, they should email the Liberal Studies Coordinator, Professor Kelly Straight Dortch (email@example.com). The student needs to email from a student email account (i.e. coyote.csusb.edu) not a personal account.
Include the following in the email:
- The request must be specific and provide expressed authorization from the student for the Coordinator to make changes to their PAWS report.
- "I, Students Full Name, would like to seek a substitution of ENG 320 for HUM 595D. If approved, I grant Professor Dortch permission to make the necessary changes to my PAWS report."
- Full name and Coyote ID
- Course information for the completed course
- Course Number: HUM 595D
- Course Title: Independent Study in the Humanities
- Term/Year Taken: Spring 2020
- Institution: CSUSB
- Requirement the student believes the completed course should fulfill
- Course Number: ENG 320
- Course Title: Children's Literature
Please note that all emails must be from official CSUSB email address to be considered.
- CSUSB Bulletin
- Multiple Subject Teaching Credentials
- Commission on Teaching Credentialing
- Accelerated Subject-Matter Acquisition Program (ASAP)/CSET
- Accelerated Subject-Matter Acquisition Program (ASAP)/CBEST
- Teacher Education Credential Program
- Request For Live Scan Form
- Multiple Subject Credential Program Admissions Application
- Forms at Office of Registrar
Phase 1 Consent form *This will now be taken care of by the credentialing officeDue to recent changes regarding COVID-19 all PAF and Phase 1 consent forms may be taken directly to the credentialing office through the College of Education please contact the College of Education for how to digitally submit your information.