Not at all. All programs offered by CGM are programs that are presently taught 100% in English. However, if you want to learn the language of the country you will be in, there are several free and fun ways to learn languages that you can look up online and on your smartphone. 

The Center for Global Management (CGM)  is located in the Jack Brown Hall, JB 404 and 417

  • Study abroad is an excellent addition to any academic program, regardless of your major.
  • Study abroad is a unique opportunity to learn about the world and broaden your horizons while continuing your academic education. 
  • Study abroad gives you the chance to look at life through a different perspective, to learn more about colorful individuals and the idiosyncracies of cultures. You'll be surprised how much you learn about yourself, too.
  • Study abroad is a valuable experience that will enhance your resume. Many employers are looking for individuals who have practical experience living in a different culture. Studying abroad affirms to employers you are an independent and resourceful risk-taker who is able to deal with the stresses of uncertainty and unexpected challenges. 

First-year students are eligible for Winter Quarter programs during their first year and for Summer programs the summer after their first year at CSUSB.

When you should study abroad depends on several factors, such as your year in school, your major(s)/minor(s), graduation requirements, leadership positions and other campus commitments, etc.  Early planning is key in helping you decide when studying abroad best fits into your program plan. 

Yes. As long as you plan early, it’s usually possible.

Now! Early planning is essential to studying abroad. 

For information on all the current available programs listed by location, visit Once you have reviewed some of the study abroad information, we recommend you meet with Veronica Lee, study abroad programs support, about the specific program(s) in which you are interested.

If after meeting with Veronica Lee, you are still not able to identify a CSUSB study abroad program that fits your plan of studies, you may want to consider participating in our Summer GoGlobal Program.

Summer GoGlobal Program (SGP): An SGP allows students to create their own independent program in consultation with a faculty advisor, for which they transfer credits to CSUSB.

Non-CSUSB Programs: We strongly recommend you consider CSUSB-approved programs only.  We have carefully selected the programs we offer because of their comparable academics and professional levels of instruction to our campus courses.

Winter Term and Summer Term (faculty-led) programs require a minimum GPA of 2.0.   Korea program in Winter requires a minimum GPA of 3.0.

Non-faculty-led Summer Term programs may have specific requirements. Check program brochures in Center for Global Management for program-specific information and requirements.

All programs offered through Center for Global Management do not have a foreign language requirement.

The cost of studying abroad varies by program and term. See the individual program webpages for specific program costs-- financial information can be found on a program's budget sheets. Some programs may be less expensive than a term at CSUSB, while others may be more expensive. This is due to what the program cost covers as well as exchange rates and the cost of living in and traveling to the program location. 

Yes, there are opportunities for financial aid through CSUSB and through other means. If you are concerned about the costs of study abroad, make sure to meet with a staff member from the Office of Financial Aid who can provide you with financial planning and financial aid information.

Yes, scholarships are available. For programs in winter and summer 2017, President Morales has committed to award a scholarship of $500 to each matriculated student.

If you apply before February 10, you will receive the Early Bird Discount of $250. 

ASI, Associated Students Inc., also has a scholarship available. For more information on how to apply and if you're eligible visit ASI Student Grants and Scholarships.

For more information on scholarship and grant opportunities, visit our Scholarships

Take special note of the application deadlines. You can find a specific program's application deadline listed Center for Global Management Study Abroad Programs.

Yes, you may apply to more than one program (per term) at a time.

Yes. If you would like to do an internship during a specific study-abroad program, contact the Center for Global Management to ask if there are internship possibilities.

Living arrangements vary by program and location and may include homestays, dormitories, and apartments/flats. Additionally, the type of students you live with may include other CSUSB students, American students from other universities, and students from the host country or other visiting students. Please check program webpages for more information about housing options. 

For all CSUSB programs (programs listed on the website), grades will be transferred from abroad (with approval of the registrar) and will factor into your CSUSB GPA. 

Please visit the U.S. State Department website for detailed instructions.

The local San Bernardino postal office has passport services and passport photo services. Businesses that have in-store photo processing may also have passport photo services. Note: The cost and number of pictures that you receive may vary by store.

Some programs do require a visa. The cost of the visa as well as the application process may vary by country and type of program.  Program brochures in Center for Global Management list additional visa information and links where necessary. It is also wise to speak with your embassy about needing a visa abroad.

The opportunity to take a Summer Term class at CSUSB before a summer study abroad program varies from program to program depending on the summer program calendar and study abroad dates. 

Sometimes, but not always. For some programs, you may not register until you get there.  Regardless of whether you can officially pre-register, you must meet with the Registrar’s office before you leave to discuss the classes you will take while abroad, to ensure they will transfer, and to confirm you understand how they will count for credit at CSUSB.  You will need to have some flexibility with courses as we cannot guarantee you can take a specific course while you are abroad. This process will take place once you are approved by CSUSB to study abroad.

No. You cannot take a study abroad class pass/fail, nor audit a study abroad class.

For some of the faculty-led study abroad programs, you may request any faculty with whom you are taking a Winter (for Spring break programs) or Summer (for summer programs) course to allow you to work on a Global Enhancement Contract.   A global enhancement contract is an agreement you sign with the faculty allowing you to enhance your course experience by integrating a global experience into any of the course assignments.   This contract allows you to join the faculty-led study abroad program, without enrolling for a study abroad only course.    You need to turn your Global Enhancement Contract to Veronica Lee, before the application deadline, unless you are joining a study abroad specific course associated with that program.

Only married couples with proof of a marriage certificate can stay in the same room.

All community members must register for a 2 unit course, pay an additional community member fee of $200, and have the professor agree to have you on their trip.

They will need to attend the Mandatory Orientation, attend all the academic portions of the trip, and stay with the group.

In addition, none of the scholarships/discounts will apply to them and will have to pay the whole program cost.

For more information, please contact the Center for Global Management at 909-537-4384 or visit JB404.