Main Content Region

Summer Aid FAQ

How do I apply for Summer Aid?

To be considered for summer aid, you must do the following:

  1. Be admitted to CSUSB in an eligible degree program during the summer and enrolled at least half time.
  2. Complete a 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by June 30, 2018.
How will I be notified about my summer award?

The awarding process will begin after you have enrolled in summer courses. The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will determine if you are eligible for summer aid. Notification of eligibility will be sent by email and your award can be viewed via MyCoyote...

How will I pay my summer tuition fees?

You are responsible for paying all or a portion of your summer tuition fees if either of the two conditions occur:

  1. If your summer award is not sufficient to pay your full fees, then you must pay the balance by the published drop dates.
  2. If you do not qualify for any type of summer financial aid, you are responsible to pay by the published drop dates.
When will my summer aid be disbursed?

Financial aid disbursements are determined by the sessions enrolled and the total number of units. You must also meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) conditions. See 'SAP Policy' for more information.

How many units do I have to be enrolled in?

You must be enrolled at least half time to be considered for financial aid.

What happens if I withdraw from a class?

If you withdraw during any session you may be required to repay financial aid funds.

Will my Campus Housing charges be covered by summer aid?

Summer aid is limited. If your aid is not enough to cover both tuition fees and campus housing costs, then you are responsible for paying the balance.

What are the FAO service hours during summer?

Summer Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships Hours starting June 18 to August 31, 2018 are:

Monday-Thursday: 7:00a.m.-5:30p.m.
Fridays: Closed