The JHBC OAE Student Opportunity Fund
The JHBC Office of Academic Equity celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month by offering two awards of $500 each to students who will address the question below:
Prompt: What are the pros of doing business in Mexico?
Deadline: October 15th, 2022 at 5PM (PST)
Eligible applicants (see below) will receive an email to notify them that their essay has been received within 48 hours after submission. If you have not received a confirmation email, please contact Marina Kamel (email@example.com).
The JHBC OAE Student Opportunity Fund is open to:
- Full-time or part-time students; undergraduate and graduate students in good academic standing (i.e. applicants cannot be on probation to be eligible to apply),
- Students who have declared a major at CSUSB and,
- Students who have at least one semester to complete in the university after receiving the award.
The essay should be formatted as follows:
- APA style (click the link for information about APA if needed)
- Title: JHBC OAE + Prompt (Include your student ID, college, & major)
- 500 words
- Two references
- Please note: References & title information are not a part of your 500 words
Email your essay in Word and/or PDF formats to the JHBC Office of Academic Equity (firstname.lastname@example.org). Your email subject line should read: JHBC OAE Student Opportunity Fund Submission HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH.
The essay will be reviewed by the JHBC OAE Faculty Advocates using the following criteria: (1) Demonstrate an understanding of the prompt clearly and concisely, (2) Originality, i.e. the essay contains some original thought, and (3) see below,
- Quality of writing: i.e. style, clarity, flow, vocabulary
- Organization, i.e. structure, paragraphing, introduction, and conclusion
- Conventions, i.e. syntax, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Uses APA style
Requirements after receiving the JHBC OAE Student Opportunity Fund:
- Authorize the JHBC OAE to publish their essay/proposal/excerpts with their picture on the official website.
If you need assistance, please visit the Professional Writing Office.
Spring 2022 Recipient!
The JHBC Office of Academic Equity Announces Recipient
of the JHBC OAE Student Opportunity Fund
In March 2022, the Jack H. Brown College of Business and Public Administration (JHBC) Office of Academic Equity (OAE) officially launched the Student Opportunity Fund. The students selected received one of the JHBC OAE support funds which ranged between $500-$1000.
The first recipient of the $1000 JHBC OAE Student Opportunity Fund is Hau Luu! Luu is a third-year international student from Vietnam and is currently a senior majoring in Business Administration with a double concentration in International Business and Finance.
Luu states that he, “chose these two majors because he wants to learn the different business management practices found all over the world and the uniqueness of the financial world.” Luu also revealed that his goal after graduation is to work in an environment where he will be able to learn and explore more about the dynamics of the business field.
Not only is Luu a student assistant on the CSUSB campus, but he is also a lifetime member of Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), the international business honor society. Only the top 10% of undergraduate & top 20% of graduate business administration students are eligible to be invited to join BGS and Luu has clearly shown his dedication to his academic programs. BGS members are deemed the “Best In Business!”
Congratulations to Hau Luu on being the first recipient of the Jack H. Brown College of Business and Public Administration’s Office of Academic Equity’s Student Opportunity Fund.
For more information about the JHBC OAE Student Opportunity Fund, please visit: https://www.csusb.edu/academic-equity/student-funds.
CONGRATULATIONS HAU LUU!
The 2022-2023 JHBC Office of Academic Equity (OAE) Student Opportunity Fund Information Coming Soon!