Main Content Region


State Side

Student Assistants in Job Codes 1870 (Student Assistant), 1874 (Bridge Student Assistant), and 1868 (Nonresident Alien/International):

Minimum Compensation: $16.00 per hour
Maximum Compensation: $22.00 per hour

Compensation is clearly dictated on open positions listed in Handshake and are determined by the Hiring Manager/MPP/Dean of the Department. Students are only permitted one pay increase per year. 

For the 2023-2024 Academic Year, all students were increased in compensation from a minimum of $15.50 to $16.00. Students who exhibited excellent performance through their documented Performance Evaluations were awarded compensation increases ranging from $.50 to $1.00 per hour. 

Federal Work Study

Your Federal Work-Study earnings will be at least the current federal minimum wage, but they may be higher, depending on the type of work you do, and the skills required. A Federal Work-Study award depends on the availability of funding at the institution, the institution's awarding policies for Federal Work-Study, when you apply, your level of need, and your commitment to obtaining a qualified Federal Work-Study position and performing the work required. 

Typically, Federal Work Study is calculated with two equations:

  • Cost of Attendance(COA) - Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) = Financial Need
  • Financial Need - Other Resources = Maximum FWS Award


Students interested in applying for a LAEP related position (Job Codes 1880, 1881, 1882, and 1883) should contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships with any questions regarding compensation.

Financial Aid and Scholarships in University Hall, Room 150.

Haniyah Walker
(909) 537-5227 (Main Line)


Students interested in applying for an ISA related position (Job Codes 1151 or 1153) should contact Faculty Affairs and Development with any questions regarding compensation.

Faculty Affairs & Devlopment in Chaparral Hall, Room 106

Dr. Kevin Grisham, Ph.D.
(909) 537-5029