Making a Special Request
Students required to participate in the Early Start Program or Coyote First STEP who have a family, employment, medical, faith, travel or other conflicting obligations may submit a Special Request form. The Student Services Committee reviews requests on a case-by-case basis. The committee reviews requests weekly so students must plan for at least 5 - 8 business days for a decision. Notifications are sent to CSUSB student email account. All requests must include supporting documentation for example; work schedules or non-refundable travel itineraries.
Please submit your request 1 week prior to the session begin date so you request can be reviewed before move-in day. If you submit your request after this deadline, your request may not be reviewed before move-in day.
Please be aware that campus is closed on Fridays from June 21 through August 30. Fridays are not considered a business day.
Special Requests may include:
- I request to leave campus for work/other activity during the Coyote First STEP program hours.
- I request to live off campus during the required 2 week residential part of the program (July 29 - August 8).
- I request to live on campus during the weekend of August 3 - August 5.
- I request exemption from participation in the Early Start Program or Coyote First STEP.
- I request to meet the Early Start requirement at another California State University (CSU) campus.
- I request an accommodation related to my disability. Please read section on Disability Related Accommodations and follow directions.
- I have another special request (which is not related to a disability). (Please provide description)
Documents should be uploaded in the Special Request form
Special Request Form will be available in May
Accommodations Related to a Disability
Students with disabilities that are participating in the Early Start program and will require accommodations should note the following:
- Submit an application and disability verification documentation to Services to Students with Disabilities in person (University Hall, Room 183), via email (SSD@csusb.edu), fax (909-537-7090) or mail to:
Services to Students with Disabilities
California State University San Bernardino
5500 University Parkway, UH-183
San Bernardino, CA 92407
For information about Services to Students with Disabilities’ documentation guidelines, please go to the Eligibility Process on the SSD website.
- Submit an application and disability verification documentation to Services to Students with Disabilities at least 15 working days in advance of the first day of your Early Start program class.
- Include a statement that you are applying for services for the Early Start program.
- Services to Students with Disabilities will review your request, schedule an appointment to meet with you, and authorize accommodations as warranted.
- For questions, please contact Services to Students with Disabilities at 909-537-5238 or at SSD@csusb.edu.
Students with disabilities who cannot participate with or without accommodations may be exempted from the program. Services to Students with Disabilities will evaluate the student’s disabilities and will provide a written recommendation to the office of Undergraduate Studies. Students may contact Services to Students with Disabilities at 909-537-5238 or via SSD@csusb.edu for more information.
Special Request Related to a Disability will be available in May