Making a Special Request
Students required to participate in the Early Start Program or Coyote First STEP who have a family, employment, medical, faith, travel or other conflicting obligations may submit a Special Request form. The Student Services Committee reviews requests on a case-by-case basis. The committee reviews requests weekly so students must plan for at least 5 - 8 business days for a decision. Notifications are sent to CSUSB student email account. All requests must include supporting documentation for example; work schedules or non-refundable travel itineraries.
Please submit your request 1 week prior to the session begin date so your request can be reviewed before move-in day. If you submit your request after this deadline, your request may not be reviewed before move-in day.
Please be aware that campus is closed on Fridays from June 21 through August 30. Fridays are not considered a business day.
Special Requests may include:
- I request to leave campus for work/other activity during the Coyote First STEP program hours.
- I request to live off campus during the required 2 week residential part of the program.
- I request to live on campus during the weekend in between the 2 week residentail part of the program.
- I request an extended stay for the entire 6 week program (must live 45+ miles from campus & fees are associated)
- I request exemption from participation in the Early Start Program or Coyote First STEP.
- I request an accommodation related to my disability. Please read section on Disability Related Accommodations and follow directions.
- I have another special request (which is not related to a disability). (Please provide description)
Documents should be uploaded in the Special Request form
Special Request Form
Accommodations Related to a Disability
The office of Services to Students with Disabilities (SSD) provides academic support services to students with temporary or permanent disabilities. Students participating in the Early Start program are strongly encouraged to contact SSD as soon as possible or a minimum of 15-days before their education program begins. SSD requires students to complete the follow steps to receive services:
Step 1 Complete the Student Information Form
Step 2 Provide documentation of disability
Step 3 Meet with an SSD Disability Counselor
The Student Information and Disability Verification forms are located on the SSD website at https://www.csusb.edu/ssd/services/applying-services. You can also pick the forms up at:
Services to Students with Disabilities
California State University, San Bernardino
5500 University Parkway, UH-183
San Bernardino, CA 92407
Once you complete the forms, please email them directly to email@example.com or drop them off at the address listed above. Staff will review your forms and schedule an appointment to meet with you. Students with disabilities who cannot participate with or without accommodations may be exempted from the program. SSD will evaluate the student’s disabilities and will provide a written recommendation to the office of Undergraduate Studies.
Students with questions should contact SSD at 909-537-5238 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.