Important Admission Deadlines
- Monday, February 10, 2020
- Monday, April 6, 2020
- Monday, July 13, 2020
Find the application form and instructions on our Credential Program Admissions website.
- Monday, July 6, 2020 (Early Consideration)
- Monday, September 7, 2020
- Monday, November 2, 2020 (Late Consideration)
It is the mission of the Multiple Subject Credential program to educate future teachers for California's schools. Program coursework is structured to promote reflective practice as credential candidates strive to understand the relationship of educational theory to the development of the individual learner, issues of cultural diversity, the needs of local communities, and the demands of modern society.
About the Program
A Multiple Subject Credential authorizes a person to teach all students including English language learners in a self-contained classroom (grades K-12 but generally grades K-6). Persons who obtain a Multiple Subject Credential with Bilingual Authorization emphasis are authorized to teach ethnically and linguistically diverse students in a self-contained classroom (grades K-12 but generally grades K-6) using both English and the students' primary language for instruction.
In order to receive a Multiple Subject Credential, candidates must complete the following state requirements.
- Approved Teacher Preparation Program (CSUSB's Multiple Subject Program)
- Baccalaureate Degree
- Subject Matter Competency through CSET
- California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)
- Certificate of Clearance
- U.S. Constitution
- Assessment of Candidate's Knowledge, Skills and Dispositions
- Reading Instruction Competency Assessment (RICA)
- CPR-infant, child, & adult (see page 4 of the handbook)
Take a look at our