Main Content Region


Frequently Asked Questions

If I receive a D in a criminal justice course, do I have to repeat the course?

You must have a minimum of a C in the pre-Criminal Justice courses except CJUS 3320 (you can have a C-). Otherwise, you must maintain a 2.0 grade point average in the major and in all your coursework in order to graduate. 

Does the Department require that I have a minor in addition to the major?


How do I obtain career counseling?

For questions about careers in criminal justice, please reach out to the faculty who serve on our School of Criminology and Criminal Justice Career Advising Committee.

If I transfer from another college or university, will I lose credits or units?

Normally, students who transfer to CSUSB and major in Criminal Justice do not lose units in the major. The Admissions Office is responsible for considering general education courses. If you are transferring from an accredited four-year college, the Department counts your courses as if they were taken at CSUSB. If you transfer from a community or junior college, the Department only accepts courses that are equivalent to our lower division courses and three other community college courses as Criminal Justice electives.      

How difficult is it to enroll in the courses that I need to graduate?

The Department offers one to three sections of the required courses each semester and most elective courses are offered every semester.

Does the School of Criminology and Criminal Justice have any special admission requirements?

For Pre-CJUS Justice Majors, you must have a 2.3 GPA in the Pre-Major and a 2.5 GPA overall in order to be switched over to the full CJUS Major. Current non-majors and Transfer students wishing to declare Criminal Justice as a major must have an over 2.75 GPA before declaring Criminal Justice.