Welcome to the 2022-2023 Academic Year
Faculty, lecturers and students in our disciplines study the interconnectedness and often complex relationships between human and environmental landscapes. Utilizing the dynamic environments in close proximity to CSUSB including desert, mountain, valley and coastal communities, our courses embrace exploratory, inquiry and engaged activities often linking learning through field experiences, geospatial analysis and community service. Such an approach fosters collaborations between faculty, students and community partnerships that seek to ensure communities are more resilient for current and future generations.
Faculty teaching, research and service interests reflect our collective passion for geography, environmental and global studies with engaged learning spanning Asia, Europe, Central America, South America and four different regions in the U.S. Geography, Environmental and Global Studies majors will gain valuable, real-world experiences that prepare students for careers and advanced degree programs.
Our department supports diverse degree, minor and certificate programs:
- B.A. Geography
- B.A. Environmental Studies
- B.A. Global Studies
- Minors: Geography, Environmental Studies, Global Studies, Geography Information Systems (GIS)
- Certificate: GIS
We also support the internationally and nationally recognized CSUSB Model United Nations Program.
Gamma Theta Upsilon honors society and our department student club, the Student Association of Geography and Environmental Studies (SAGES).
Recent graduates of our department have gained employment with numerous organizations including, but not limited to....
- State, regional and local water agencies.
- Regional environmental organizations.
- Local school districts & higher education institutions.
- Software development companies including ESRI.
- Representing local, state and federal elected officials and representatives.
- Public Lands & Recreation Programs: National Forest. National Parks, State & Regional Parks.
- Urban & Regional Planning Departments
- United Nations Programs
We Seek to Gain Knowledge Through Exploration & Engagement
For updated information about campus COVID policies, please visit Return of the Pack.