In the event of an emergency situation at Cal State San Bernardino, the campus home page and the front page of the CSUSB news website will be used to provide timely information for students, parents, faculty, staff, and other members of the Cal State San Bernardino family, as well as the news media. Emergency information will be updated regularly.
If the Cal State San Bernardino website is temporarily disabled because of unforeseen circumstances, you will be automatically re-directed to a special emergency information website through the California State University (Chancellor's Office).
Cal State San Bernardino's Office of Public Affairs is the official provider of information in the event of an emergency at or related to the University. A representative from the Office of Public Affairs is designated as the University's official spokesperson and will communicate information to the news media and the campus community. It is the practice of the Office of Public Affairs to inform the campus community and news media of campus closures and other emergency situations.
In the event of an emergency or conditions that could cause the university to close or cancel classes, please refer to the following communications channels.
- Text messages sent to cellular phones
- Automated messages to cellular, home and/or office phones
- Announcements over office and classroom speakerphones
- Public address announcements on campus
- Cal State San Bernardino emergency hotline: (909) 537-5999
- Cal State San Bernardino website
- Cal State San Bernardino news
- Faculty and staff office telephone voice messages
- Faculty and staff email (CSUSB accounts)
- Student email (CSUSB accounts and also Blackboard and MyCoyote)
- Cal State San Bernardino campus operator (if available): (909) 537-5000
- Marquee sign at entrance to the campus
- Local radio stations (information communicated through local radio is up to the discretion and schedule of individual stations)
- News media websites (information communicated is up to the discretion of individual media outlets)
- Newspapers (information communicated through newspapers is up to the discretion of individual newspapers and will reflect information as of press time)