- Earned baccalaureate and master's degrees in education or a related field from accredited institutions of higher education. A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher in upper division and graduate study;
- Demonstrated sufficient preparation for, experience in, and potential for educational leadership, including: successful experience in leadership in school, postsecondary, or community contexts, and/or policy leadership;
- Demonstrated academic excellence, problem-solving ability, technology proficiency, and interest in critically assessing and bringing about improvements in current educational policies and practices
We are accepting application materials for entry in Fall 2021. Please note that the earlier we receive your application the better as the applicant pool may be filled prior to the third round deadline.
In addition to the graduate application and fees described above, the following application materials MUST be submitted to the CSUSB Office of Doctoral Studies, College of Education Building, Room 335, 5500 University Pkwy, San Bernardino, CA 92407 to complete your application:
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended since high school graduation
- An official copy of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores from the three sections of the General Test taken within the last five years (some time prior to Fall admission).
- A current Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume that includes a detailed list of professional experience, specific skills and accomplishments.
- Three confidential Letter of Recommendation forms from professionals in the field attesting to leadership and scholarship. One form should be from a university faculty member (if possible) addressing your potential for academic success in a doctoral program. You should use the following recommendation form:
- Future Directions Essay (two to three pages). Address the challenges related to education in California, make recommendations for change, and note your potential leadership involvement in the process.
- Scholarly Writing Example: This can be a paper you wrote for a course in your master's program, a thesis chapter, or a report or grant you have written in your profession. The example you submit needs to demonstrate your analytical writing abilities and be error free.
Once all application materials have been received, selected applicants will be contacted for an in-person interview.