The purpose of the California Intersegmental Articulation Council (CIAC) is to serve as a statewide forum for Articulation Officers to meet, discuss, and resolve college transfer and articulation issues; and to facilitate the progress of students between and among the segments of postsecondary education in California.
Toward this purpose, the activities of CIAC include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as an advocate for articulation and transfer between segments
- Providing professional development and mentoring for articulation officers
- Supporting the role of Articulation Officer throughout the state
- Providing a forum for the discussion of articulation and transfer issues throughout the state
- Serving as a liaison between segmental offices, faculty senates, and member institutions regarding articulation, transfer, and related curricular issues