Welcome to our STEM Education website! The MA in STEM Education program is an innovative program for those who wish to advance their professional knowledge and skills in K-12 STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) education. With an emphasis on interdisciplinary perspectives and culturally relevant pedagogy, the program prepares STEM educators and leaders to empower diverse populations of student with STEM literacy and become informed citizens in an evolving, technology-driven, complex world.
Graduates of the STEM Education program will help build the educational foundation necessary for their students’ future STEM-related careers by engaging them in authentic inquiry, real world problem-solving, critical and creative thinking, productive collaboration and effective communication.
Why MA in STEM Education?
- STEM education is at the forefront of our national and regional agendas.
- California is in need of more qualified mathematics and science teachers.
- With an advanced degree in STEM education, you will be able to take leadership roles in your school and district in curriculum development, teacher professional development and various programs that aim to enhance students’ STEM education.
- The MA in STEM education will give you advantages for seeking/advancing a position in either formal or informal educational settings.
- Highly qualified professors who are engaged in both frontline research and STEM Education in local schools.
- A variety of courses focused on STEM education.
- State-of-the-art equipment and resources for distance as well as hands-on learning.
- Flexible program plan. Students can take one to three courses each semester.
- Affordable tuition.
Program Information & Application Information
- Fall 2022 Admission -- Application Deadline is 07/15/2022
International Students Application: Center for International Studies and Programs