Sponsored Programs Administration (SPA) Basic Workflow Chart
1. Identify Funding Opportunity >> 2. Proposal Submission>> 3. Award Received>> 4. Award Management >> 5. Award End
Post Award Process (ADA Caption)
- SPA Director: Reviews award and prepares documents for acceptance or rejection.
- Research Analyst: Establish accounts, notify P.I. (Principal Investigator) of awards, monitors activities, review award document for compliance issues, document cost share, monitor effort reporting, prepare sub-contracts, etc.
- Review of Documents for Compliance and Funds Availability.
- General Accounting - AP, AR, asset managment, cash managment, Agency Reports
- Accounts Payable: Process payments, disbursements -send to vendor
- Accounts Receivable: Prepare Invoices & Collect Payments - send invoices to Awarding Agency - receive fiscal and program reports
Awarding Agency - sends payments to Accounts Receiveable
- Fiscal Reports - sends fiscal reports to Awarding Agency
Project Director (P.I.) Path
- Responsible for conducting research/training, prepare and authorize transactions, submit program reports to funding agency and copy to RA, provide cost share and effort documentation to SPA.
- Submit Documents to Research Analyst for review of ducments for compliance and funds availability.
- Forward documents to Awarding Agency.