Tutoring Center at PDC
Tutors are here to support all students in the available subjects/courses offered during the semester.
We encourage you to make an appointment or stop by at IW-203 for a drop-in.
For remote support, you can also utilize the San Bernardino campus Tutoring Center.
We offer In-person and Online tutoring options:
In-person: No appointment is needed. View the in-person tutoring schedule. If a day and time with your chosen tutor works for you, simply drop-in during their work hours for help. Tutors may be helping more than one student at a time.
Online: Online tutoring is conducted on a 1-on-1 basis via Zoom. Please follow the steps below to make an online tutoring appointment.
Step 1: Register for an account
To begin the appointment scheduling process, you will need to register for an account through our tutoring portal at: https://pdc.mywconline.com/. You must use your CSUSB e-mail address to register for an account.
Step 2: Selecting an appointment date and time
After you have logged in, the appointment grid should be visible to you. Find the tutor you would like to book an appointment with and select an available opening, indicated by a white box. Once an appointment slot has been colored in, it indicates the time has been scheduled by another student and you will need to make an alternate selection.
- To narrow down the list of tutors to find those that tutor your specific course, go towards the top of the page where it says, “Limit to,” and select your course from the drop down menu. Then only the names and schedules of the tutors for that course will be displayed.
- If you would like to book an appointment for the following week, you may click either “next week,” or the Calendar icon at the top of the page.
Step 3: Scheduling the appointment
After you have clicked on your desired appointment time, a new window titled “Create New Appointment” will open.
- Appointment Date: Confirm your date and time. The default length of the appointment is 30 minutes. You may extend the appointment time for one hour.
- Staff or Resource: The name of the tutor you have selected.
- Course: Indicate the course you would like to receive tutoring for.
- Instructor: Indicate your instructor for the course.
- What would you like to work on today?: Provide the tutor with a brief description or summary of what you would like to cover during your tutoring session.
Click “Create Appointment”
After creating your appointment, you will receive a confirmation to your e-mail. Make sure you are signed into your CSUSB email.
Step 4: Attending your appointment
On the day of your tutoring appointment, you should log-in to your WC-Online account using your CSUSB email. Please log in a few minutes before it is scheduled to start.
- Find your scheduled slot on the appointment grid and click the box. A new window will open. When the window opens, click on the Zoom link to connect with the tutor and your tutoring session will start.
Note: If you are having trouble starting your scheduled Zoom meeting, please call the Student Success Studio(S3) at (760) 341-2883 ext. 78201 to speak with one of our student assistants that can assist you.
You can also email us at S3PDC@Csusb.edu
When you come for drop-in, in-person tutoring in IW-203, a tutor will greet you. Please let the tutors know which course you need help with and take a seat anywhere you feel comfortable in our space. Please be patient if there are multiple students needing assistance in the same subject as you.
As a courtesy to the tutors and your fellow students, if you cannot attend your scheduled appointment, please use the same steps you would use to attend your appointment and select the “Cancel appointment” option to open up your appointment slot for other students to book. If you do not officially cancel your appointments, they will be designated as “No Shows.” Several No Shows may exclude you from making any additional appointments for the semester.
If you have any questions, you may email S3PDC@csusb.edu or call (760)341-2883 ext. 78201
If a subject you are looking for is not offered at the Palm Desert Campus, you can make an appointment with a tutor online or in person from the San Bernardino Campus.
If you have any further questions or concerns, you may email the Student Success Studio Coordinator, Marilyn Lua.
Please send your email to Marilyn Lua,Coordinator