Advising Appointments and CSUSB Resources
- Exploration of health professions and majors
- Assistance with planning CSUSB prerequisites for professional programs, see below.
- Assistance with learning about different health professions, check out Our Resources page.
- Co-curricular and extracurricular activity options
- We can assist in identifying internships, research, and patient/clinical experiences that will best support your goals.
- Application assistance, including
- Professional program entrance requirements and policies
- Admissions exam timeline and preparation
- Application review and feedback
- Personal statement assistance and feedback
- Interview preparation and practice
- HPAC Committee/ Individual Letter of Recommendation Request, see below.
Loma Linda University:
Western University of Health Sciences:
HPAC is here to best support you as you begin to submit applications for health professional schools. Most schools utilize a centralized application service (CAS). CAS systems often request to submit only one application that will be received by multiple schools you designate to apply to. It is always encouraged to check the individual programs to ensure you are utilizing the correct CAS or other application systems.
Common CAS Links below:
Allopathic Medicine (MD) - AMCAS American Association of Medical Colleges Application Services
- AMCAS Applicant Guide
- AMCAS Application Overview (video)
- AMCAS Fee Assistance Program (FAP) (video)
- AAMC Course Classification Guide
Osteopathic Medicine (DO) - AACOMAS American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Services
Dental Medicine - AADSAS American Dental Schools Application Service
- AADSAS Instruction Manual
- Tips for the AADSAS Application (video)
- 2018 ADEA AADSAS Coursework entry (video)
- 2018 ADEA AADSAS Fee Assistance Program (video)
Optometry - OPTOMCAS Optometry Centralized Application Service
Pharmacy - PharmCas Pharmacy School Application Service
Physician Assistant - CASPA Principle Application Service for Physician Assistants
Podiatric Medicine - AACPMAS American Association of Podiatric Medicine Application Service
Public Health - SOPHAS Schools of Public Health Application Service
Physical Therapy - PTCAS Physical Therapy Centralized Application Service
Veterinary Medicine - VMCAS Veterinary Medical College Application Service
A committee letter is a letter authored by HPAC committee and offers evaluation and advocacy on behalf of the applicant by highlighting their background, accomplishments, challenges, and motivation for pursuing a career in medicine.
Committee Letter Request Instructions:
Please complete form to request letter. The information below will be necessary for HPAC to complete letter. Please make sure to have the items below ready.
- First and Last Name
- Contact number
- Email (CSUSB email preferred. Please add email that is regularly checked.)
- If applicable, name of Centralized Application System (CAS) – e.g. AMCAS, ADEA, AADSAS, etc.
- If applicable, CAS ID # & Letter ID#
- When do you need letter by? Please plan ahead a minimum of 3-4 weeks
- Upload documents:
- Personal Statement (tips for personal statement below)
- Additional documents, such as, AMCAS Letter Request