Travel questions?

On the Travel website is a plethora of applicable policies, procedures, forms, and links that will provide the individual preparing the travel paperwork with much of the information they need. However, we recognize that handling travel preparations may be daunting and we invite travelers and those making travel arrangements to contact us with their questions and special needs. We will be happy to assist in any way we can.

Frequently asked questions related to travel

How do I tag campus inventory?

All equipment which meets the property requirements will be tagged with a CSUSB bar coded identification number prior to delivery to the ordering department or shortly after it has been delivered to the ordering department. It remains so identified as long as it is in the custody of the University. Assigned property numbers are removed only when the property has been "surveyed" (See "Survey of Property from Records", below). Any additional identification by a department should be applied in a manner that avoids confusion with the State property number. Should the identification number be accidentally or mistakenly removed, the property will be tagged with a new tag and the information transferred to the new record.

Equipment is tagged and entered into the University's official inventory at different thresholds. Firearms at any value are tagged.  Computers, portable projectors, and other equipment identified as "instructional" are tagged when their value is at least $500 including tax and shipping. Other equipment is tagged at $2,500 and occasionally items valued at less than $2,500 that are determined by Property Management to be sensitive may also be tagged.

If a department wishes to identify equipment that does not qualify for inventory tagging, Property has tamper resistant non-bar-coded, numbered "Property of CSUSB" labels available for distribution. Items identified by these non-bar-coded labels will not be tracked by Property and will not be entered into the University's official inventory but can be used by the department for its own tracking purposes.

Information on how to tag campus inventory

How do I sell items?

Departments may request surplus equipment items to be moved to this storage area for sale, reuse, disposal, or recycling through the Property Coordinator. The procedures and forms for such requests are detailed in the CSUSB Property Management Handbook.

The Property Coordinator will complete the required paperwork to remove equipment items from CSUSB inventory records and will coordinate the move of the items with Custodial Services.

To arrange for the removal of non-equipment items, departments shall contact Custodial Services to arrange for the items to be moved to the Facilities Services Storage Facility. No paperwork needs to be completed for the disposal of non-equipment items. Because such items are those that, because of their lesser dollar value (under $500), are not tagged or inventoried.

As moving services are not considered to be a maintenance function, such services will be performed on a chargeback basis by Facilities Services’ Custodial Services, based on the actual costs of in-house labor or contractor pricing (per Executive Order 847).

The Recycling Coordinator and Property Coordinator will determine the appropriate final disposition of surplus items moved to the storage facility by coordinating any of the following options:

  • Offered to campus departments
  • Sold at auction or through sealed bid sale
  • Transferred to another State agency
  • Donated to a non-profit organization or a state public school
  • Redeemed for scrap value
  • Discarded properly, if item has no residual value

Departmental personnel do not have the authority to dispose of state-owned surplus items. The Recycling Coordinator and Property Coordinator must manage such disposal.

Information on property surplus.

How do I make a purchase?

Requests for supplies and services are initiated through submittal of an approved on-line requisition. Any special requirements or information which will assist the Purchasing Office should be included on the requisition. Instructions and procedures related to entering and inquiring against requisitions and purchases orders can be found on the Purchasing with PeopleSoft page.

A training session is required before access to enter requisitions is granted. Training is coordinated through the CMS Office.

Information on how to make a purchase.

How do I pay an invoice?

All invoices are to be submitted directly to Accounts Payable and must reference the purchase order number issued authorizing the purchase. If a department should receive an invoice from a vendor, the department should immediately forward it to Accounts Payable in SH-105. Please ensure the purchase order is referenced on the invoice.

Invoices are accepted via regular mail, fax, or email at payables@csusb.edu.

Invoices must be addressed to the University, include the vendor name, remitting address, identify the purchase order number, and must be itemized.

Information on how to pay an invoice.