- Location: University Hall 183
- Phone: (909) 537-5238
- Fax: (909) 537-7090
- Website: Services to Students with Disbailities
- TDD: (909) 537-7230
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Services to Students with Disabilities (SSD) office is part of the Division of Student Affairs. The mission of the SSD office is to increase retention for students with disabilities by ensuring equitable treatment and equal access to all academic programs and facilities at California State University, San Bernardino. The SSD office acts as a catalyst and agent for compliance with federal and state laws that mandate equal opportunity and access for persons with disabilities.
As a component of educational equity, the SSD office provides support services which assist students with disabilities in the attainment of their academic and personal potential. The SSD office fulfills its mission by providing the necessary academic support services instrumental for the achievement of chosen academic goals.
Strategies include, but are not limited to:
- Providing support services for students who have disabilities;
- Advocating with and for individuals with disabilities on campus and in the community;
- Working for social changes
- Promoting and coordinating systematic institutional initiatives for ensuring complete university programmatic and environmental access to individuals with disabilities;
- Distributing accurate information about disabilities; and
- Serving as a resource for those who study the sociological, psychological and environmental aspects of the culture of people with disabilities
Disabilities that qualify for services may include: learning; physical; deaf and hard of hearing; visual and communication impairments; psychological and other functional limitations. In order to ensure appropriate accommodations, needs are assessed on an individual basis. Students seeking services from SSD must submit documentation from a licensed medical professional that verifies their disability; however, those students with a temporary physical condition (i.e., broken leg) can be visually verified by SSD staff and authorized services for up to one quarter.
High Wind Conditions
In the event of strong winds, it may be necessary to lock all north facing doors for the students’ safety. If this is the case, the cart transportation services for students will continue uninterrupted. If required, the SSD driver may assist a student to the door. If the winds are severe, it may be necessary to discontinue cart transportation assistance for students. If this happens, SSD will contact students on the schedule to make alternate arrangements and will work with students regarding any missed class time.
Drop-Off and Pick-up Areas
There are 19 cart pick-up and drop-off areas located throughout campus University Hall (south entrance)
- Serrano Village (north side)
- Jack Brown Hall (south entrance)
- Health and Physical Education (south entrance)
- Pfau Library (northwest entrance)
- Physical Science Building (south entrance)
- Temporary Classrooms (north side)
- Biological Science and Chemical Science Buildings (south entrance)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Building (north entrance)
- Visual Arts Building (north entrance)
- Chaparral Hall (north entrance)
- Coyote Bookstore (south entrance)
- Performing Arts Building (east entrance)
- Front of university by the flag pole
- Arrowhead Village (north entrance of Redwood building #4)
- College of Education (south entrance)
- Student Recreation and Wellness (south entrance)
- Student Health Center (south entrance)
- Physical Education Building (north entrance)
Roadways and Vehicle-Accessible Areas
All members of the university faculty and staff wishing to utilize a state vehicle, electric cart, or any vehicle for work-related travel, must attend special training and must have a valid Defensive Driver’s Training card. All individuals should exercise caution when traveling on or near roadways and in any areas accessible by vehicles.
Office Hours of Operation
- Monday through Thursday – 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
During the Summer:
Monday – Thursday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Friday, Saturday, Sunday: CLOSED
Testing and Mobility Services are available Monday through Thursday after hours and on Saturdays at the San Bernardino Office, please call for more information.
The SSD Office observes all campus closures. For more information, please contact Services to Students with Disabilities (website).