If your account is locked, it means that you missed a few appointments (for either the Speaking Center or the Professional Writing Office or both) without rescheduling. Please send us an email (Speaking.firstname.lastname@example.org) with your information and we will unlock your account for you as a courtesy. Please avoid missing appointments in the future (use calendar notifications to set reminders about your appointments and check your calendar often).
- Any work that has already been done
- An idea of what you most want to receive from the appointment (in order to keep the appointment focused on client priorities)
- Assignment details are helpful
Please “cancel” your appointment on the reservation system. If you can’t find the confirmation email, please email Speaking Center At JHBC to cancel.
Alternatively, you can “reschedule” your appointment for another better time that fits your schedule by logging into our reservation system. Or you can email us with time in advance and we can reschedule your appointment for you.
Yes, please let your consultant know that they need confirmation. You will be given a “visitation” sheet from your visit, and we will email your professor at the end of the term.
Yes, we can accommodate group appointments. However, if your group is more than 3 people, please email to Speaking Center at JHBC to schedule a larger room for your appointment to reflect the hybrid nature, space, and time needs of such appointments (either online or in person). Please also make sure to note your group members names on the appointment form for attendance documentation.
We can still meet with those who can make it; however, it’s always better to have everyone present.
If you are struggling to create an appointment through our online link, email email@example.com and we can help schedule an appointment for you. Please provide the following: name, coyote ID, appointment purpose, class instructor, class number, general availability to visit The Speaking Center at JHBC.
Not necessarily. Our consultants can help students with the development of the presentation at any stage, including idea generation, organization, engagement, rehearsal, etc.
We are located on the second floor of Jack H. Brown College, walk past the Dean’s office, veer right down the hall, and we are halfway down the hall on your right.
All online appointments are being completed via Zoom. Once you schedule an appointment, you will receive a Zoom link (to the email you provided) for your appointment. Each consultant has a specialized Zoom link.
- Go to The Speaking Center at JHBC Website and click on "Schedule an Appointment" in the "Contact Us" form on the right of the page.
- This will direct you to our reservation system: https://csu.mywconline.com/
- New Students: Click on the left of the screen and create an account.
- Recurring Students: Log in and click "Speaking Center at JHBC..."
- Choose an appointment that best suits your schedule
- Be on the lookout for a confirmation email with further directions (this will come to the email you provided on registration).
- If you need to adjust or cancel your appointment, you will need to use this confirmation email.