PH.D, PHR, SHRM-CP
Ph.D. in Industrial and Organizational Psychology from the University of Houston
M.S. in Applied Psychology from Peking University
HRM 4550 Human Resources Management
HRM 4560 Staffing
HRM 4590 Human Resources Development
HRM 4600 Compensation and Performance
MGMT 3020 Organizational Behavior
Research and Teaching Interests
Her research interests include work-family issues, occupational health, online learning, and employee engagement.
Her research has been published in top-tier journals in organizational behavior and human resources management including Human Resources Management Review, Journal of Organizational Behavior, Journal of Vocational Behavior, and Journal of Occupational Health Psychology.
A few sample publications include:
- Zheng, D., Marbut, A.R., Zhang, J., Britt, A. & Nwadike, D. (2023), "Thinking of how you think of me: working cancer survivors' metaperceptions of competence and why they matter", Journal of Managerial Psychology, 38(2), 158-173. https://doi.org/10.1108/JMP-07-2022-0332
- Thomas, C. L., Murphy, L. D., Mills, M. J., Zhang, J., Fisher, G. G., & Clancy, R. L. (2022). Employee lactation: A review and recommendations for research, practice, and policy. Human Resource Management Review, 32(3), 100848. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hrmr.2021.100848
- Van Wart, M., Ni, A., Medina, P., Canelon, J., Kordrostami, M., Zhang, J., & Liu, Y. (2020). Integrating students’ perspectives about online learning: A hierarchy of factors. International Journal of Educational Technology in Higher Education. https://doi.org/10.1186/s41239-020-00229-8
- Wang, Z., Zhang, J., Thomas, C., Yu, J., & Spitzmueller, C. (2017). Explaining benefits of employee proactive personality: The role of engagement, team proactivity composition and perceived organizational support. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 101, 90-103. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvb.2017.04.002
- Ohu, E., Spitzmueller, C., Zhang, J., Osezua, A., & Thomas, C (2018). When work-family conflict really hits home: Explaining how, when and why parental work-family conflict relates to child health. Journal of Occupational Health Psychology, 24(5), 590–601. https://doi.org/10.1037/ocp0000145
A full list of publications can be found on this Google Scholar page.
She is also actively involved as senior staff in the following grant: HSI Pilot Project: Improving Online STEM Education for Undergraduate Students at HSIs. NSF 22-545. National Science Foundation. $199,952. 10/01/2022-09/30/2024.