Day of Remembrance 2019
CNS will hold a Day of Remembrance ceremony gathering family, faculty, and staff to honor the CNS alumni who were lost four years ago in a Dec. 2 shooting attack in San Bernardino.
• Gathers at the Peace Garden, around the bell at 3 p.m.
• Dean Sastry G. Pantula welcomes attendees and says a few words.
• William Van Dyke (Department of Health Sciences and Human Ecology) will say a few words.
• Erica Porteous, sister of Yvette Velasco, will speak.
• A representative of each family in attendance will take a flower from Yolanda Thomas and place it at the base of the bell.
• When all flowers are placed, Michael Nguyen (Department of Health Sciences and Human Ecology) will ring the bell.
• Light refreshments will be available at the Peace Garden.
• Robert Adams; BS, Public Health Education, ’15
• Juan Espinoza: BS, Biology, ’02
• Shannon Johnson; BS, Environmental Health Science, ’15
• Yvette Velasco; BS, Environmental Health Science, ’13
• Michael Wetzel; BS, Biology, ’01