Mission & Values
The primary focus of the Student Conduct and Ethical Development Office is to administer the Student Conduct Code by educating students about their social and ethical responsibilities as members of the university community. The Office of Student Conduct and Development supports the core values of the CSUSB Division of Student Affairs: Student Success, Integrity, and Social Justice.
The Student Conduct and Ethical Development Office is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy environment for students to engage in campus life, interact with diverse individuals and participate in activities that encourage growth, curiosity, and scholarly fulfillment. We do this by maintaining two basic tenets:
- Students are afforded reasonable rights as productive individuals of the campus community to function in an environment conducive to learning and personal growth.
- It is the responsibility of every student to ensure that their actions do not interfere with someone else's right to be a productive individual on campus.
Student Conduct Process
The student conduct process is governed by the following:
- CSUSB Student Conduct Code, as defined by the California Code of Regulations, Title 5, 41301 Standards of Student Conduct.
- CSUSB Student Conduct Procedures, as defined by Executive Order 1098 Revised 8/14/2020.
- Any member of the campus community can submit an incident report if they are made aware of a violation of University policy or are concerned about a student’s behavior. A Student Conduct Administrator will determine whether the matter should be referred to the disciplinary process for investigation and/or whether the concern should be referred to the CARE team for student support.
- Please contact the Student Conduct and Ethical Development Office at 909.537.7172 or stop by UH-346 to report any violations of the Student Conduct Code. Reports may also be submitted electronically via the Incident Report Form.
Office of Student Conduct & Ethical Development
Phone: (909) 537-7172
Fax: (909) 537-7522
Lisa Root, M.A.
Associate Dean of Students and Director
Jesse Juarez, M.S.
Interim Assistant Director
CARE Case Management Specialist
Administrative Support Coordinator