Dear CSUSB community members,
The health and safety for our students, faculty, and staff is top priority for Cal State San Bernardino, therefore the Office of Student Conduct & Ethical Development and CARE Team staff have temporarily suspended all in-person services due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Our staff are currently working remotely, but remain available to serve the campus community. We are monitoring both phone messages and e-mail communications during regular business hours, and will respond to your messages in the order received and as quickly as possible.
For students, to ensure that we may assist you effectively, please make sure you clearly identify your first and last name, your student ID number, and your coyote email address when leaving either a voice or e-mail message. We will respond to your message within 3-5 business days via your coyote email account. For faculty or staff, please provide full name, your department, and your preferred contact information so we can best respond to your concerns and provide assistance.
If you wish to report a conduct incident or wellness concern, please explore our website to access our online reporting forms. To report academic dishonesty, please click:
To report other student conduct concerns, please go to:
To make a CARE referral, or if you are concerned for the wellbeing of a student, please complete an online referral form below or send an email to CARE@csusb.edu. A member of the CARE Team will receive these reports and respond in a timely manner, even after business hours, 24/7. You will also find additional resources for students seeking support for basic needs here:
The Office of Student Conduct & Ethical Development and CARE Team staff are not intended to serve as first-responders to emergencies – if you need immediate assistance, please contact University Police at 9-1-1 or (909) 537-5165.
Thank you from the entire SCED and CARE Team staff
Mission & Values
The primary focus of the Student Conduct and Ethical Development Office is to administer the Student Conduct Code by educating students about their social and ethical responsibilities as members of the university community. The Office of Student Conduct and Development supports the core values of the CSUSB Division of Student Affairs: Student Success, Integrity, and Social Justice.
The Student Conduct and Ethical Development Office is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy environment for students to engage in campus life, interact with diverse individuals and participate in activities that encourage growth, curiosity, and scholarly fulfillment. We do this by maintaining two basic tenets:
- Students are afforded reasonable rights as productive individuals of the campus community to function in an environment conducive to learning and personal growth.
- It is the responsibility of every student to ensure that their actions do not interfere with someone else's right to be a productive individual on campus.
Student Conduct Process
The student conduct process is governed by the following:
- CSUSB Student Conduct Code, as defined by the California Code of Regulations, Title 5, 41301 Standards for Student Conduct
- CSUSB Student Conduct Procedures, as defined by Executive Order 1098 Revised 3/29/2019.
- Any member of the campus community can submit an incident report if they are made aware of a violation of University policy or are concerned about a student’s behavior. A Student Conduct Administrator will determine whether the matter should be referred to the disciplinary process for investigation and/or whether the concern should be referred to the CARE team for student support.
- Please contact the Student Conduct and Ethical Development Office at 909.537.7172 or stop by UH-346 to report any violations of the Student Conduct Code. Reports may also be submitted electronically via the Incident Report Form.
Office of Student Conduct & Ethical Development
Phone: (909) 537-7172
Fax: (909) 537-7522
Lisa Root, M.A.
Associate Dean of Students and Director
Jason L. Wimbley, M.S.
Jesse Juarez, M.S.W.
CARE Case Management Specialist
Administrative Support Coordinator