CSUSB Campus Closure Procedure
Source / AuthorityPresident’s Office, delegated to Administration and Finance, (909) 537-5130
A campus closure occurs when a decision has been made to close the campus due to a specific event which makes normal operations impossible or unsafe. A closure may be campus wide or may involve only specific areas of the campus. Such closures are not considered to be immediate emergency situations; emergency evacuation procedures are noted in a separate document.
- The university president or designee may authorize a closure of the San Bernardino and/or Palm Desert campus.
- CSUSB will notify the campus community using the Emergency Notification System (ENS) upon confirmation of the decision to close the campus. The campus community should be prepared to follow the messaging as to how and when to begin exiting campus.
- Employees required to remain on campus after the official closure will be notified by their immediate supervisor.
- Departments with operations involving external groups are responsible for communicating information regarding the campus closure to these groups.
- Students living in campus residence halls may remain in the housing units, unless instructed otherwise.
- Students and employees should follow their usual procedures for exiting campus, such as arranging transportation as they would under normal circumstances, or using local public transportation. In a closure to campus, ingress is not restricted.
- Notice will be provided via ENS as to when campus will reopen. Instructions for attendance and payroll will be provided to the campus community via e-mail after the closure.