Addendum To Interim Energy Policy
Reviewed By: Administrative Council on June 04, 2001
Source / Authority
For Interpretation, Please Contact:
Facilities Services (for issues related to HVAC) -- 909/537-5166
Events Scheduling (for issues related to facility fees or events) -- 909/537-5236
- Honor all existing contracts that are currently scheduled. Seek opportunities to recover a utilities surcharge.
- No scheduler will be authorized to waive the fees or schedule an event outside of the summer operating hours without recovering the University's direct costs, including the cost of utilities. Schedulers will forward new requests to the Event Scheduling Office where it will be verified that utility costs are being charged to the user. Requests to waive or reduce the utility expenses may be sent to the Facilities Use Committee, which will forward its recommendation to the Vice President for Administration and Finance.
- No air conditioning will be turned on by HAC unless Academic Scheduling or Event Scheduling has approved the event and placed it on the HVAC operating schedule. Management employees are authorized to request HVAC services from the Central Plant. The Plant Operator will provide the service. If the event was not previously scheduled, the management employee will accept responsibility for the utility charges. Event Scheduling will assist in facilitating the location of events to more cost effective/energy efficient areas of campus.
- Administrative summer operating hours are 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Library operating hours are from 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Teaching facilities will follow the academic schedule which is 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, with limited facilities air conditioned on Friday and Saturday.
- Whenever possible, all events should be scheduled in Jack Brown and University Hall in rooms that utilize the least amount of air handlers for cooling. Event Scheduling can assist with locations to maximize efficiency of cooling.
- The Arena should operate by natural light during daylight hours and air conditioning will be kept to a minimum. Air conditioning will be turned on only when the temperature exceeds 78 degrees and the activity requires air conditioning.
- Special events on campus should pay full utility charges unless the Facility Use Committee recommends waiving the fee. (Refer to Section III, Buildings and Grounds Use Policy, which outlines groups authorized to use campus buildings and grounds, as well as other categories of facility users.)
- Due to the specifications for exhibits in the Robert V. Fullerton Art Museum, the energy policy will not apply to the Museum.
- The Director of Facilities Services will be responsible for recovering utility charges for all events that are required to pay fees and placement into the utility general fund account.
- All scheduled events will be sent to the Event Scheduling office to ensure that Facilities Use Requests are met.