Main Content Region

Scheduled Paydays

My direct deposit was cancelled

The State Controller's Office (SCO) cancels all Direct Deposit Authorizations each year during June and December, for employees who do not have active appointments in the SCO system.

Your direct deposit may be cancelled by the Payroll Department or the State Controller's Office:

  • If you are seperating or have been separated from the university- (per AB2410- payment of wages upon seperation requirements).
  • If you no longer meet the Direct Deposit eligibility requirments, insufficient leave balances, absence without leave,dock,tardiness.
  • If your Direct Deposit payment has been returned to the SCO (due to a closed or invalid routing number or account number, the SCO will re-issue a paper warrant once re-deposited, this can take up to a few weeks).
  • If an overpayment occurred due, but not limited to, death/permanent speration/suspension/dismissal,layoff.
  • If the SCO is collecting, via payroll deduction, an overpayment.
  • If you have filed bankruptcy under the National Bankruptcy Act, Chapters VII & XIII and a court order directs all or a portion of your pay to be remitted to a third party.
  • If you are currently receiving non-industrial disability (NDI) payments without personal leave credit supplementation.
  • If you do not have a current/active rostered student position. (1868, 1874, 1875, 1876, 1150,1151,1152,1153)
  • Due to fraud on one's account.

Academic Year Faculty Early Retirement employees must enroll for direct deposit each year.

How do I enroll in direct deposit?

The direct deposit authorization form is available online through the State Controller's Office (SCO) website. Please submit the signed original form to Human Resources. All completed Direct Deposit forms are mailed to the SCO for processing.

If you are unable to access the direct deposit authorization form online, the form is also available with Human Resorces in Sierra Hall, Rm 110.

I've been paid in error, how can I owe CSUSB more than the net amount I received on my warrant (or in my bank account)?

When a warrant is issued, federal and state income taxes are withheld and forwarded to the Internal Revenue Service, Franchise Tax Board, Medicare and Social Security on the employee's behalf. Miscellaneous deductions, such as garnishments and deferred compensation (TSAs/403Bs, etc.), may also be withheld and forwarded on the employee's behalf.

So, if an employee is paid in error and the State Controller's Office is unable to recoup the deductions forwarded on their behalf then, the employee will owe the net amount plus any deductions taken from that warrant.

What can I do if my pay warrant has been lost?

Complete a stop payment request form at the Payroll Department in Sierra Hall, Room 103. Payroll will forward the request to the State Controller's Office for processing. If the warrant has not been cashed, a replacement warrant will be issued. The request may take up to 4 weeks to process.


These types of pay are processed on an ongoing basis. As Payroll receives the timely and accurate electronic transactions (in PeopleSoft) and supporting documents, they are processed.

I was a victim of identity thief, should I contact the Payroll Office?

Yes, immediately notify the Payroll Office so that your Direct Deposit can be canceled and to ensure that a paper paycheck is issued to you in a timely manner.

Why did my paycheck go into my old direct deposit account?

Coming soon

How long does it take for my direct deposit to process?

Coming Soon

When are direct deposit payments posted?

Coming Soon

Who is Eligibility for Direct Deposit?

Coming soon