When should I contact the Office of the University Ombuds?
Any kind of University-related problem may be brought to the Office by any member of the CSUSB community. You might want to contact the Ombuds when:
- You need an impartial and confidential sounding board.
- You think you have been treated unfairly.
- You are having interpersonal conflicts.
- You want to report a problem but first want to get a sense of possible outcomes or process.
- You have concerns about career advancement and job satisfaction or security.
- You are having problems with institutional non-responsiveness and red-tape.
- You want to discuss a University policy or practice that you think is unfair or problematic.
- You have concerns about procedural fairness or due process.
- You are not sure how to interpret a University policy or procedure.
- You are not sure which University policy applies to your situation.
- You need assistance in identifying the formal channels you would use to file a formal notice with the University.
- You are not sure where else to turn for help and need guidance.