Scheduling a meeting room in Outlook Web Access (OWA)
In the following example, an organizer would schedule a meeting room following these steps:
- Create a new Meeting Request from Outlook or OWA calendar.
- Add the meeting participants to the To field.
- Type the name of the meeting room in the Resources field. The Location will auto-populate.
- Click the Scheduling Assistant tab to see the schedule assistant view to verify that the meeting room is available at the proposed time.
- Choose recurrence options and other meeting options as necessary.
- Click Send.
At this point, all meeting participants will see the meeting request. If the Room Resource Mailbox's delegate(s) receive the request, the delegate must accept or reject it on behalf of the room. Until the delegate has accepted, the meeting is considered tentative. Accepting the meeting in this way prevents double booking.