Outlook 2016 - Export email folder to file (Windows)
Email can be exported from your Inbox to a file that can be saved to a flash drive or burned to disc. This is often required to comply with regulatory or legal requirements, such as an audit or a public records request act.
This process is accomplished through Outlook 2016 using the Export to a file option.
- With Outlook 2016 open, open the File tab
- Select Open & Export, then click Import/Export
- Select Export to a file, then click Next
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst), then click Next
- Select the folder to export from, then click Next
- Click the Browse… button to select the destination folder and new filename for your export.
- Click the Finish button.