Skip banner navigation
Skip to main content
Main Content Region
Did You Know?
- Submitting your application late can be disadvantageous as many schools have a rolling admissions process.
- Applicants do not always begin their professional degree programs immediately after completing their undergraduate degree.
- The cost of applying to medical schools can vary from $2,000 to over $5,000, though in certain circumstances those unable to pay the fee may apply for a waiver. For example: Regular registration for MCAT - $315; AMCAS fee for 1 school - $170, each additional school is $39. If an average applicant applies to 15 schools then the AMCAS fee will be $608. The application fee for a secondary application ranges from $0 - $200. At an average rate of $75 for 15 schools will total $1125. The cost for travel for interviewing at each school will vary greatly depending on the number and locations. Additionally, many students complete test prep courses which can average in cost between $1500 - $2000.
- Be sure to check each program and each school you plan to apply to for their additional and/or different requirements.
- Most health professions programs will NOT accept grades of C- and below. Pre-requisite courses should be taken for a letter grade. Required courses should NOT be taken S/NC (Satisfactory/ Non Satisfactory) or P/F (Pass/Fail).