Skip banner navigation
Skip to main content
Main Content Region
- Women's Resource Center: The Women's Resource Center (WRC) provides support for students by offering a variety of programming which focuses on issues which affect the lives of women. The WRC is committed to addressing sexism and discrimination in all its forms in order to create a more just environment for all. The Santos Manuel Student Union Women's Resource Center exists to provide a supportive place for all women on campus where diversity is respected and celebrated. Our purpose is to encourage women by providing services and programs which will enhance their college experience and help them actualize their fullest potential. The WRC is a place for students to gather, to gain support, and learn tools for social change.*
- Title IX and Gender Equity : The goal of the Title IX and Gender Equity Office is to provide the campus community with education, awareness, reporting options and meaningful assistance. To provide campus with information on the California State University Executive Orders 1096 & 1097 reporting procedures for Title IX incidents. Additionally, the goal is to help increase understanding on what constitutes sexual and interpersonal misconduct, consent, being an effective bystander, and what to do if you or your friend experience sexual or interpersonal misconduct.
- Queer and Transgender Resource Center: The Queer and Transgender Resource Center provides education and advocacy in order to develop a more equitable and inclusive environment by addressing issues of homophobia and heterosexism throughout the campus community. To provide a platform for social justice as it is related to the rights of LGBTQIA and faculty as a safe comfortable and open academic environment for all persons on the CSUSB Campus.The Santos Manuel Student Union Queer and Transgender Resource Center serves the greater campus community, through education, advocacy and social justice. The QTR Center focuses on creating an inclusive and supportive environment for all university community members, including lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, and intersex students and their allies. As well as educating and advocating on issues such as homophobia, heterosexism, inclusive language, and other sexual or gender identity issues.
- Counseling and Psychological Center: (909) 537-5040 — Counselors 24/7 (for life threatening situations, call 911)
- CSUSB's Policies website, for students.
- Student Health Center: (909) 537-5241
- Women's Resource Center: (909) 537-7203
- Queer and Transgender Resource Center: (909) 537-5963
- University Ombuds Services: (909) 537-5635
- University Police
California State University, San Bernardino, University Police Department
5500 University Parkway, San Bernardino, CA 92407-2393
Phone (24 Hour): (909) 537-7777; Anonymous Hotline: (909) 537-7786
Off Campus -- Local
- Palm Desert Police Department
73705 Gerald Ford Drive, Palm Desert, CA 92260
Phone: (760) 836-1600
- San Bernardino Police Department
710 North "D" Street, San Bernardino, CA 92401
Phone: (909) 384-5742; Non-Emergency 24-Hour: (909) 383-5311
- San Bernardino Sexual Assault Services, 24-Hour Crisis Hotlines (800) 656-4673 or (909) 885-8884; Main Office: 444 North Arrowhead Avenue, Suite 101, San Bernardino, CA 92401-1221, (909) 885-8884; Coachella Valley/Indio (760) 568-9071; Morongo Basin/Yucca Valley (760) 369-3353; Redlands (909) 335-8777; Victorville (760) 952-0041; Yucaipa (909) 790-9374
- Alternatives to Domestic Violence (ADV), Crisis Line—Riverside city & out of the county (951) 683-0829, remainder of Riverside county (800) 339-SAFE (7233); domestic violence help; protective order assistance; counseling; outreach; shelter.
- Riverside Area Rape Crisis Center (RARCC) 24-Hour Hotline (951) 686-RAPE (7273) & (866) 686-RAPE (7273) (toll-free); 1845 Chicago Avenue, Suite A, Riverside, CA 92507
- House of Ruth, 24-Hour Crisis Hotline (877) 988-5559; individual/group counseling; phone support; legal advocate; shelter for women and children; domestic violence counseling; food; English/Spanish.
- Option House, 24-Hour Hotline (909) 381-3471; temporary domestic violence women's shelters; support/outreach; free support groups, crisis education and self-defense; assistance with protective order paperwork; English/Spanish.
- Doves Outreach of Big Bear Valley, (909) 866-1546; 24-Hour Hotline (800) 851-7601; provides women and families domestic violence shelter; individual counseling; support groups (parenting, anger management, women's writing, etc.); legal assistance; protective order help; programs and services for male victims.
- A Better Way Domestic Violence Shelter and Outreach, Victor Valley, 24-Hour Hotline (760) 955-8010; Toll-Free (866) 228-2059; 26-bed shelter (90-day maximum stay), TRO (temporary restraining order); outreach programs, opportunity and education support groups; Spanish.
- Shelter from the Storm, Inc., Coachella Valley (760) 674-0400; 24-Hour Crisis Lines (800) 775-6055, (760) 328-SAFE (7233); emergency shelter; transitional housing; counseling center; legal clinic; teen dating education.
- California Coalition Against Sexual Assault (CALCASA), 1215 K. Street, Suite 1850, Sacramento, CA 95814; (916) 446-2520; advocates and supports rape crisis centers on behalf of survivors, system's change, funding needs and policy advocacy.
Off Campus -- National
- Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, California Office
50 United Nations Plaza, San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 486-5555; TDD (800) 877-8339; email@example.com
If you wish to fill out a complaint form online with the OCR, you may do so by visiting OCR Complaint Forms.
- Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Headquarters
400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100
(800) 872-5327; OCR@ed.gov
- Know Your Rights About Title IX: Title IX Prohibits Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence Where You Go to School, Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education.
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN), 24-Hour Hotline (800) 656-HOPE (4673)
- National Institute of Justice: Intimate Partner Violence
- U.S. Department of Justice: Office of Violence Against Women
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: Intimate Partner Violence