Water Resources Policy Initiatives (WRPI)
The California State University is helping change the way California manages water. Founded in 2008 and composed of more than 250 water experts from throughout its 23 campuses, the CSU's Water Resources and Policy Initiatives (WRPI) is developing water management solutions through research, partnerships, education and training that provides students with hands-on learning.
The WRPI is focused on:
- Educating communities about best practices for water management and creating a training program to help water managers in disadvantaged communities learn efficient water management.
- Developing internship programs with the USDA and EPA so students can enter the workforce ready to develop solutions for business, government and the public.
- Commercializing new ideas in water industries and services such as Fresno State’s Center for Irrigation Technology’s innovations that are making irrigation more efficient than ever.
- WRPI Disadvantaged Communities Center Community Water Internship Program (SAWPA)
- WRPI LA-V DACIP Internship Program
- Water Resources Experiential Learning for USDA Careers