Educational Benefits


Service members, veterans, reservists, National Guard members and dependents may be eligible for various educational benefits. The Veteran Success Center (VSC) will help guide you through the available benefits and various applications and explain the benefits you may be eligible to receive. Depending on what program you are eligible for, benefits can cover some or all of the tuition costs, assist with living expenses and more. Using military educational benefits does not automatically prevent a student from receiving financial aid, and it is strongly recommended that everyone fills out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  More information for veterans, active duty service members and their families who plan on attending the California State University system, please visit their Troops to College website.

"GI Bill®" is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Mor information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

Counseling between student and advisor

Jaime Espinoza

All VA education benefits are processed through Jaime Espinoza, the Certifying Official for Veterans Education Benefits. He provides guidance on completing and filing VA claim forms for federal and state education assistance programs. He can also assist with special registration procedures required for students who are sponsored through one of the VA fee waiver programs. Each quarter it is recommended that students receiving VA benefits contact the school certifying official and let her know that you would like your enrollment and number of credits certified by completing the

. To submit the Veteran Statement of Responsibility, or to schedule an appointment to complete the certification process, please email