If you are interested in transferring units into a degree program at CSUSB, a maximum of 36 units taken in a non-degree status can be applied toward a bachelor's degree, and 13 units toward a master's degree (subject to approval by the applicable academic department).
If you are a student enrolled in another college or university and you would like to transfer units completed during the Summer Session at CSUSB back to your home institution, please contact the Registrar's Office at your home institution and follow their process to receive transfer credit. It is recommended that students confirm in advance with their home institution the eligibility to have specific CSUSB course units accepted in transfer to satisfy their home institution's degree requirements. The student is responsible for completing any requirements outlined by the home institution to transfer credit back to the institution.
Students are not admitted to academic programs during the summer. If you are interested in admission to a degree or credential program at CSUSB, please contact the Admissions and Student Recruitment; however, please keep in mind that you can still take courses as a summer visiting student even if you have not been admitted into a degree program.
Yes, disqualified students can enroll in courses as a summer visiting student. The grades earned during summer 2020 may help raise their grade point average.
Most courses published in the class schedule are open to summer visiting students; however, students must have completed any necessary prerequisites. Please consult the Bulletin of Courses 2019-2020 for more information on prerequisites.
During the summer quarter, only 9 maximum units are allowed for the term, for both undergraduates and graduates. For instructions on how to enroll for a course overload, go to the Records, Registration and Evaluations site.
Yes, CSUSB employees will be eligible to receive free tuition for one course up to 6 units. They must still pay the mandatory campus fee. Employee discount may be transferred to an eligible dependent, child, spouse or domestic partner. Employees/dependents must be matriculated students in a degree program at CSUSB in order to receive the discount.
This discount does not apply to students enrolled in a Doctoral Program, Summer Language Intensive Program or a Special Session Program.
To determine if you (or your dependent) is eligible for the summer employee discount, please complete the preliminary application.
Yes, tuition waivers are available for summer for the following categories listed below:
- Alan Pattee - undergraduate students only
- Calvet Veterans Services College Fee Waiver
- Dependents of Victims of September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attacks - undergraduate students only CSU Student Trustee
Please visit the Student Accounts website for more information.
- Current matriculated CSUSB students will pay fees through the same process as other quarters. Please see the Student Accounts website for more details on the payment process. Students are responsible for paying their fees by the deadlines indicated in MyCoyote Self Service.
- Non-matriculated/Visiting students will be required to pay fees for classes at the time of registration. Students can pay for classes in person in the Center for Global Innovation, third floor or by phone at (909) 537-5975. Payments can be made by phone with a credit card or in person with personal check, cash or credit card. Registration for a class will not be accepted without payment.
- Financial aid will be available for eligible current CSUSB students as well as those eligible and admitted into a degree program for fall 2020. Instructions on how to apply for aid and specific eligibility requirements will be posted on the Financial Aid & Scholarships web page.
- Under certain circumstance, financial aid may be available for summer visiting students. Instructions on how to apply for aid and specific eligibility requirements will be posted on the Financial Aid & Scholarships Summer web page.
- Continuing CSUSB students will register for classes through myCoyote Self Service (similar to other quarters). Priority registration is May 4 –20. Enrollment appointments will be available on your myCoyote Student Center page in April.
- Newly admitted students for fall 2020: Newly admitted students and conditionally admitted students will fill out an “Early Summer Start Form” which will be posted on the Summer Session web site. This form is returned to Admissions & Student Recruitment. Once processed, students will be given access to myCoyote Self Service for registration. Note that students need to complete all final admission requirements before registering for summer classes.
- All summer visiting students (community college, non-CSUSB or non-degree students) will enroll and register for courses through the College of Extended and Global Education (CEGE). Students can register online or fill out a brief application and register for classes either in person or by fax at (909) 537-5907. A PDF application, along with instructions, is available on this Summer Session web page.