Most courses published in the class schedule are open to summer visiting students; however, students must have completed any necessary prerequisites. Please consult the Bulletin of Courses 2020-2021 for more information on prerequisites.
During the summer session, undergraduate and graduate students may take a maximum of 14 units for the term with no more than 7 units per session. For instructions on how to enroll for a course overload, go to the Office of the Registrar Course Overload.
- Current matriculated CSUSB students will pay fees through the same process as other semesters. Please see the Student Accounts website for more details on the payment process. Students are responsible for paying their fees by the deadlines indicated in MyCoyote Self Service.
- Non-matriculated/Visiting students will be required to pay fees for classes at the time of registration. Due to COVID-19 you will not be able to make payment in person. We encourage all payments be made online via credit card. Payment may be made by phone with a credit card at (909) 537-5975, however there will be limited hours we are available to take payment. Registration for a class will not be accepted without payment.
- Continuing CSUSB students will register for classes through myCoyote Self Service (similar to other semesters). Summer registration is April 12-29. Enrollment appointments will be available on your myCoyote Student Center page March 26.
- All summer visiting students (community college, non-CSUSB or non-degree students) will enroll and register for courses through the College of Extended and Global Education (CEGE). Students can register online or fill out a paper application. A PDF application, along with instructions, is available on this Summer Session web page.
If you are interested in transferring units into a degree program at CSUSB, a maximum of 24 units taken in a non-degree status can be applied toward a bachelor's degree, and 12 units toward a master's degree (subject to approval by the applicable academic department).
If you are a student enrolled in another college or university and you would like to transfer units completed during the Summer Session at CSUSB back to your home institution, please contact the Registrar's Office at your home institution and follow their process to receive transfer credit. It is recommended that students confirm in advance with their home institution the eligibility to have specific CSUSB course units accepted in transfer to satisfy their home institution's degree requirements. The student is responsible for completing any requirements outlined by the home institution to transfer credit back to the institution.
Students are not admitted to academic programs during the summer. If you are interested in admission to a degree or credential program at CSUSB, please contact the Admissions and Student Recruitment; however, please keep in mind that you can still take courses as a summer visiting student even if you have not been admitted into a degree program.
Yes, disqualified students can enroll in courses as a summer visiting student. The grades earned during summer 2021 may help raise their grade point average.
Financial Aid FAQs
If you are waiting for a Summer Assistance Grant, please know that you will not be dropped for non-payment on the payment deadline (May 17, 2021). As soon as your SAG award is processed you will receive an email from the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships to your Coyote email with the details.
Students admitted as an Early Summer Starter do not qualify for summer financial aid.
Yes, CSUSB employees will be eligible to receive free tuition for one (1) course up to four (4) units. They must still pay the mandatory campus fee. Employee discount may be transferred to an eligible dependent, child, spouse or domestic partner. Employees/dependents must be matriculated students in a degree program at CSUSB in order to receive the discount.
This discount does not apply to students enrolled in a Doctoral Program, Summer Language Intensive Program or a Special Session Program.
To determine if you (or your dependent) is eligible for the summer employee discount, please complete the preliminary application.
Yes, tuition waivers are available for summer for the following categories listed below:
- Alan Pattee - undergraduate students only
- Calvet Veterans Services College Fee Waiver
- Dependents of Victims of September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attacks - undergraduate students only CSU Student Trustee
Please visit the Student Financial Services website for more information.
- Financial aid will be available for eligible current CSUSB students as well as those eligible and admitted into a degree program for fall 2021. Instructions on how to apply for aid and specific eligibility requirements will be posted on the Financial Aid & Scholarships web page.
- Under certain circumstance, financial aid may be available for summer visiting students. Instructions on how to apply for aid and specific eligibility requirements will be posted on the Financial Aid & Scholarships Summer web page.