xREAL provides research opportunities for graduate students who are interested in conducting research in virtual reality, augmented reality, and instructional technologies. Our lab has the equipment they need to conduct quality research in their area of interest while also collaborating with xREAL faculty who share the same research interests.
This grant is offered by the Extended Reality for Learning Lab at CSUSB (xREAL) is designed to provide support for graduate students interested in conducting research in the general area of immersive reality use (augmented reality, mixed reality, virtual reality) or the intersection between immersive reality and machine learning. Under the direction of their regular advisors, awardees will be able to use Lab technology and expertise in the pursuit of their research. The award amount is $3000.
Applications for the Graduate Extended Reality Research Grant will be competitively evaluated by the OSR Awards Committee. The quality of the student research or creative activity (RCA) experience will be a determining factor in being selected. The number of awards depends on the budget and the funds available to the OSR each year. To learn more about XReal Lab, please visit their website.
- Students must be in good academic standing
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0
- Intend to register for a thesis or project as their culminating experience.
- The topic of their research must be related to immersive reality use (virtual reality, augmented reality, mixed reality, or related technologies). All disciplines are eligible.
- All projects involving human subjects and/or vertebrate animals must submit proof of Institutional Review Board and/or Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee approval as part of the application and/or prior to the release of funds.
The following submission guidelines should be followed:
- Applications are due by October 30th, 2022, by 11:59 PM.
- Application and proposal submission must be submitted online through InfoReady.
- Please select the grant to which you are applying,
- Log in with your MyCoyote ID,
- Complete application
- The application must be 6 pages in length.
- All supporting documentation should be submitted at the time of the application submission.
- Letter of support from your faculty advisor.
Application Opens: August 22nd, 2022
Application Closes: October 30th, 2022