Position Available: Graduate Assistant/Peer Statistician
The Office of Student Research (OSR) is looking for a motivated and active graduate assistant to serve as a Peer Statistician within the department.
The Peer Statistician is a graduate student who has excelled in research and statistics. The statistician assists students as well as provide data and statistical support to the OSR staff. Traditionally, the Peer Statistician assists with:
- Providing statistical and data analysis
- Database development and management
- Survey design, administration, and analysis
- Statistical modeling and analysis
- Preparing and writing reports
- Performing other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate should have:
- A clear understanding of statistical terms and concepts
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Written and oral communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Experience with working with SPSS
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
Please review job listing:
Submit application below
Deadline to submit is Friday December 9th, 2022 by 5:00pm
Need Help with Statistics? We offer free individual tutoring to all CSUSB students.
The Peer Statistician is not available at this time.
The Office of Student Research Peer Statistician Specialist provides tutoring and support related to statistics and research-related activities for class and research projects. Tutoring is offered on an individual basis and by appointment only for thirty minutes.
Support available for:
- Statistics Homework
- General Statistics Questions
- Solving Statistics Problems
- Reading Outputs
- Reporting and Interpreting Statistics
- Support for Statistics in Research Projects
To request an appointment please complete the following form:
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Peer Statistician" in the subject.